Chapter 4: Out

"Damian" His father said, the minute that he picked up the phone

"Father" Damian said in reply.

"Where are you?" Bruce asked sternly.

"Out in --" Damian began to say, but stopped when he noticed a girl through the store window and instantly hung the phone up.

She was heading towards the door.

Damian stood outside of the sidewalk in a casual position, leaning against the brick wall.

This was unusual behaviour for Damian. He wouldn't act compassionate to family and friends, let alone a girl he seemed to be interested in.

She had chestnut coloured hair with blond highlights. She wore a jumper, jeans, and boots, with a scarf wrapped around her neck (since this was Gotham after all). In other words she wore clothing that wouldn't draw much attention to her. He liked that.

She opened the door and carefully walked out.

"Hey" The girl said, only aiming the question at Damian, not Jon.

"Hi" Damian managed to reply with a remaining straight face.

"Damian, right?" She asked.

"Yeah. How'd you know?" He said, changing to a confused look written across his face.

"You're Bruce Wayne's son" She said with a huge smile. "I'm Olivia West, but you can call me Liv".

They both shock hands, completing ignoring that Jon was standing right beside them.

"Damian? Can we leave now? It's getting dark" Jon asked.

"You can go" Damian said in reply.

"But--" Jon was cut off when Damian and the girl called Olivia walked off together.

Jon didn't know what to do. He didn't even know his way back to Wayne Manor, let alone Gotham City. He was scared. He knew about everything that has ever happened in this City from his dad, and none of it was good.

Eventually, he decided to walk in an unknown direction, hoping he would recognise the way back.

•••

Superman was currently flying over the city. He didn't have any idea of where he should attempt to look, so he was just flying above, probably looking like an idiot.

'Wow! This city looks really pretty at nighttime' Clark thought to himself just as he noticed a young boy, all alone, walking on the sidewalk.

His 'good boy' personality told him to help the boy find his way to wherever he was heading to.

"Can I help you find your way home?" Superman politely asked.

The boy turned around so that he was facing the older man. "Dad!" The boy instantly said before he jumped straight in for a hug. It was young Jonathan!

"Jon? Why are you alone? Where's Damian?" Superman asks his son.

As Jon was about to answer four familiar faces approached them from different angles.