Chapter 42

Dinah POV

"Dinah what am I supposed to do? How am I supposed to tell him? He's not going to talk to me if I do." "Chancho it's okay. You know how he's unpredictable you don't know how he's going to react." I say as I rub her back. "It's going to be okay."
~~~~~~~
"Hey Milika and Gordon. It's nice seeing you guys again." "Awe she is so cute. How old is she?" My mom says as she looks at Cheylise in my arms. "She's two mom. Where's everybody else?" "Well Lauren took Seth. And the rest went to go bother your bandmates. We went to your room but you wasn't there. Ally told us that you might be in here." My dad says. "Yeah I sleep in here sometimes. Mostly when Chey begs for me." "Chey baby say hi. That's my mommy and daddy." "Hi I Cheylise." She says and then hides her face in my neck. "Awe she's too cute."
"Um Milika and Gordon can I talk to you guys real quick in private?" Y/N asks and she looks at me briefly. "Yeah. Dinah can you go check on your siblings?" I nod my head and grab my phone and leave out the door with Chey.
I walk into Lauren's room seeing my youngest siblings in the room. "DINAH!!!" They all come running towards me. Their bodies collide into mine and I balance myself so I don't fall with Chey in my arms because I wouldn't hear the end of it.
"Hi munchkins. I missed you guys. Hi Seth. You've gotten so big." He smiles and looks up at Chey and points. I put Chey down and squat down so I'm at their level. "Regina and Seth this is Cheylise. She's Y/N's daughter." Seth and Regina waves at Cheylise. "Wanna play with my dolls?" Regina asks her and Cheylise nods and they run off to the living room.
~~~~~
Y/N POV

The reason why I want to talk to Milika and Gordon is to ask if I could give Dinah a ring. No it's not an engagement ring. It's a promise ring. I want to ask them to ensure them that I won't hurt her. All to get Gordon's permission mostly.
"What did you want to talk to us about dear?" Milika asks as we sit down on the couch. "I wanted to ask you if I could get permission from you guys if I could give Dinah a promise ring. I love Dinah and I don't want to let her go or see her with someone else. I know one day after I get Gordon's approval that I would propose to her and get married to her. The promise ring is a promise that it will happen and that I will continue to love her through whatever. I promise that I'm not going to give up on her and stay true to her. So now I ask can I please give Dinah this promise ring?"
"Gordon if you don't let her give her this promise ring I damn sure will take it. I give you permission because I know that you will do everything you said." Milika says. "Milika can you give us a minute?" She nods her head and get up and leaves out the door quietly shutting the door.
"You know I told you before that I had respect for you. But now I have more than just respect. That fact that you came up to me for permission, not for a engagement ring but for a promise ring, I respect you even more, so I do grant you permission. I wouldn't want anybody else to be with her. I see how happy you make her. You and your daughter, and as long as I see a smile on her face when she's with you I'm going to be happy." Gordon says as he looks me in the eyes. "So yes I give you permission. Welcome to the family." He gets up and holds his arms out wide, I get up and give him a hug. Being accepted into a family for who I am was all I ever wanted. But being accepted into a family that I have no real connections to is Not What I Expected.
"Thank you, I won't let you down." "Oh I know you won't. She got aunts and cousins that will handle you if you do. And I want you to come to the family party that we have at the house after tour. You and Cheylise can come." I nod my head accepting the invitation.
We both get up and walk towards the door just for it to open and to see Milika, Dinah, Chey, Regina, and Seth come into the room. "Seth! Gina!" I yell and they both run to me and I squat down to their level and an open my arms that they run into. They hug me tight. "I missed you guys." "I missed you too. Can we go get ice cream?" Regina asks. I laugh and nod my head. "Seth you want ice cream?" He nods his head. "How bout we go get ice cream and then go to the park? Sounds good?" They nod their heads and I look up at Milika and Gordon for approval. They nod their heads and the kids let go of me. "Let me get dressed and ready so we can go okay?" They both respond with an okay and I get up and go into the bedroom closing the door. I go to my suitcase and go through my clothes.
"Babe I think it's better if we take everyone somewhere. Like to the fair or something." Dinah says as she walks into the room. "Yeah I guess babe. I'll ask them when I'm done getting ready." I take off my shirt and as pants. I put my new outfit on and I grab my sneakers.