"That's better, bye now," like a wind, Arvika flew away from there before Vinay could've even asked for her name or introduced himself to her.

"Interesting," he whispered to himself, having a cute smiling playing on his lips.

On the other hand, Arvika was busy cursing herself on her way to the cafeteria where Kavya was waiting for her! How could she touch a man, how could she! What happened years ago was still inculcated within her that she couldn't forget even after many failed trials!

After that kiss, Arvika had maintained her distance from each man, be it any cab driver or some shopkeeper. As she was in a girls' boarding school, having a boy-friend was out of the question for which she had been always grateful to her so-called parents, also most of her teachers were female staffs with just the presence of one-two male staffs that too in the school office where she hadn't anything to do.

But now after having physical contact with a boy had made her remember the past from which she had always tried to sprint away. Boys and men were demons for her, she had embedded this thought inside her cerebrum long back like ICs are embedded on the motherboards, which was too adamant and rigid to take out.

After many years, she had mused upon the person whom she hated the most, more than she had hated the word 'love'.

****

"What took you so long, Boo?" Kavya asked the moment she saw her friend coming towards her in a foul mood.

"Nothing, just this stain wasn't getting rid of my dress," Arvika replied in a disturbed tone. Her mind was, again and again, showcasing the glimpses of that fateful day which had changed her life drastically that was caused by none other than a lunatic & desperate boy.

"I am sorry for this but I promise, the duty of its dry cleaning is on me," Kavya tried to cheer up her best friend whose gloominess wasn't because of the kurta but the incident which had happened a few moments back.

"It's okay, Kavya, let's have something, did you have the pasta?" Arvika fake-smiled at her friend who was looking at her worriedly.

"Nah. Was waiting for you only, let's ask them to heat these food items," Kavya took the tray in her hands and went towards the counter, not wanting to trouble her friend who had been already so baffled because of her craze of TikTok.

Arvika sat on the chair, looking at nothing in particular, thinking about all those events that had followed after her joining at St. Michael's Convent, Dehradun, five years back. How everything had broken apart like her life wasn't life but a piece of glass which was smashed mercilessly by the blow of a single draught that had uprooted her from the plains of Mumbai to the hills of Dehradun, till eternity.

"Here, your food and this treat are on me, for my blunder," Kavya was finally back from the counter with the heated platter of food in her hands, feeling guilty because of her friend's gloominess for which she blamed herself.

"Yeah, let's devour it, before it turns cold again," with fake-enthusiasm, Arvika immersed herself in savoring the delicious grilled sandwich while Kavya was busy munching down the white sauce pasta down her esophagus which was her favorite delicacy of all.

"I uninstalled TikTok. Arvika, I am sorry for spoiling your kurta," Kavya whispered in a low tone, eyeing her friend who was behaving too weirdly since the time she had come from the washroom.

"It's the best thing that you deleted that good-for-nothing app, illiterate and jobless people use these kinds of Chinese apps, don't waste your precious time on these unproductive apps," Arvika explained like a true friend while Kavya could only nod her head at her.