Chapter 1

~Five years ago

The traffic in Mumbai was truly the gravest. With thousands of vehicles creeping on the big lanes, it was very difficult for even a cycle to pass through. No doubt, peak hours had a rush, but why this rush in the afternoon, in the blistering month of June?

"Mumbai and its traffic," a lady commented while cradling her four-year-old daughter inside the car, who was getting cranky & frustrated within the locked car for many hours.

"Mumma, when will we reach our house?" a small boy of around ten years, asked his mother, after sipping a few drops of water.

"Soon, baby, here take these biscuits," his mother smiled warmly and gave him a packet of his favourite cookies.

On the other hand, their father and the driver were in the front, sighing frustratingly, over the long queues of vehicles that their eyes could reach and even beyond that. But unlike the others, a girl in the same car, near the window on the rear seat, was busy adoring the stray pups who were playing a little far away from the cars. Although she was a part of this family she was so unlike them.

For her, everything had some positive aspects, even hard times, she was just so optimistic about everything, except for one, and that too had a bad history.

Currently, she was gleaming in joy, watching those stray pups who were now fed by their mother, so lovingly.

"So lucky you all are, for having such an affectionate mother," she whispered, sighing in a little sadness, an unknown sadness surfacing within her. She overlooked her brother deliberately, seeing those cookies which he was having, while she could only eat up her hunger, sighing sadly.

After spending a few more hours in the Mumbai traffic, finally, they had reached their new house. A small bungalow which was on the outskirts of Mumbai. A new place for them to settle, away from their hometown, the majestic Kashi, the city of Lord Shiva, which was no longer their residential place.

****

"Arvika! Arvika! Where are you? Come down. Your luggage is here. Take it to your room," the mother shouted out loudly for her thirteen-year-old daughter, who was currently inside her newly allotted room, enjoying the fresh gust of air which was entering from the nearby window. The mango trees were making the environment chilling and soothing, beating the heat of the sun.

"Coming," Arvika, the thirteen-year-old girl, replied to her mother, boringly.

Before concluding, it was clear that they weren't like the typical mother & daughter duo. They were anything but normal.

Arvika got downstairs and carried that bag which contained some of her thick books. Yes, she was nerdy & she loved being that. She just nodded at her mother in acknowledgement & got up to her new room. That bag was very heavy which she carried. She breathed heavily after finally reaching her room.

Arvika plopped on her bed and relaxed for a bit, but sudden memories started flashing before her eyes which were the reason behind her stoic and serious personality.

"Stop it," she sighed loudly and got up to find her friend inside one of her bags.

After opening the zip of her laptop bag, she could finally relocate her one and only friend, her personal diary.

Arvika took out her personal diary, and after sitting on the bed, she started scribbling about the day's events that happened with her today. Before closing it, her eyes landed on the first page of her diary, from where her journey of 'Diary entry' had started.