18- Closer

Abbey

Rachel, Ashley, and I walk over to the restaurant from last night. Funny how Carson and Jacob made this one of my favorite restaurants. Now, I know you're probably thinking, does she like Jacob? She said he made it her favorite restaurants. The answer is no. I only like Jacob as a friend. In fact, he's one of my best friends. And Rachel comes before any guy. Especially since that's her guy.

"Abbey!" Rachel shouts, snapping her fingers in my face, breaking me out of my trance.

"Hmm?"

"Lets go in!" she shouts happily. I notice we're standing in front of the restaurant and they stopped because I did.

"Okay," I smile back and we walk in. Ashley trudges along, not wanting to be seen.

"Good afternoon, ladies," a friendly man smiles at us.

"Hi," Rachel smiles and hugs him.

"I will show you to your table and your waiter will be right with you!" he smiles gleefully.

We follow him over to a table.

"Thanks, Scott," she smiles.

"Anytime," he smiles and winks. She giggles. Ashley and I look nervously at each other.

"What?" Rachel asks.

"Who was that?" I inquire.

"My step-brother, Selena's son, Scott," Rachel says nonchalantly. Ashley and I nod understandingly.

"I gotta say, you and Scott get along better than most step-siblings," I smile.

"You, Kacy, and Gabbie get along pretty well," Ashley points out.

"Yeah, and then there's River and Rylan," I sigh. River and Rylan hate me. They say I ruined their lives somehow, but I'm never with them, so it makes no sense. Kacy and Gabbie are like my best friends in that family. Kacy was 11 when I was born. She was there, since my dad made the mistake of bringing her along, especially around my mom. He had been cheating on Mom and him bringing a random girl made it more obvious. He brought Gabbie the next day, and by then, Mom figured out about Eleanor and her four kids. Good thing they weren't my dad's kids though. Their dad died in a boat crash.

"True," Rachel nods.

Joey comes over and beams at Rachel and I.

"What up, ladies!" Joey beams, fist-bumping us. He stops when he looks at Ashley. For a moment, they're both in a trance, and Rachel and I smirk at each other.

"Uh, h-hi, I-I'm J-Joey," Joey stutters. Ashley giggles.

"I'm Ashley," she smiles.

"You're absolutely gorgeous," Joey breathes.

"Thanks," Ashley blushes.

"Um, do you think, oh, I don't know, that you and I can maybe hang out sometime?" Joey asks hopefully. Ashley grins.

"I'd love that," she smiles. They quickly exchange numbers and Joey looks at us.

"So what can I get you guys?" Joey grins.

"You as a boyfriend," Ashley mutters happily.

Wow. She's not good at keeping things in her head.

"Alright. One boyfriend coming up," Joey smirks before crashing his lips into hers. She immediately kisses back, and Rachel and I stare in shock.

"Well, that was fast," Rachel shakes her head in disbelief. Ashley pulls away and smiles.

"I feel like the Fourth of July just happened inside of me," Ashley breathes. Joey laughs.

"Ashley, I don't know you to well, but I'd like to get to know you so you could be my girlfriend," Joey smiles, getting on one knee.

"I'd love to be your girlfriend," Ashley smiles, quickly pecking his lips. Rachel and I "golf clap." (remember second grade?😂)

"Beautiful!" Rachel exclaims in some sort of accent.

"Jashley moment," I gush. The two hug before Joey leaves.

"Wow, Ashley, you're quite the man's lady," I wink. We burst out laughing and earn a few glares from tables around us. My phone buzzes, and I quickly pick it up.

Mom❤💯

Abbey🐳👑

honey, where are you?

at a restaurant with Ashley and Rachel.
Why?

I need you to come home immediately.

What's wrong?

It's something serious, and I need you home
now, Abbey.

okay. I'm on my way home.

Thank you, I'll see you soon, baby girl.

<3

"I gotta go home guys. I'll text you later," I smile, grabbing my bag and phone.

"Okay, bye!" Ashley and Rachel wave and I wave back. I walk home and put my key in the lock. I turn it and see something I hate to see.

"Mom?"

Word Count- 725