Beauty and her Beast

Chapter 4

As Bruce and Diana stood frozen, the large steel bunker door effortlessly was swung open to reveal a tall green masked man, Oliver!. His exhaustion was apparent as he stood alone gasping for air unable stand any longer. He dropped two large sacks onto the floor as he gazed upon both Diana and Bruce's faces.

"Oh God No my wife...No she cant...Dinah....No... I..."

"I'm so sorry Ollie we tri..."

Tears began to ripple down his face as he began to punch the steel door behind him. Hearing his bones break in his hand evoked Bruce to grab arrow before he began to violently aim for Bruce knocking him to the floor into a small spatter of blood. Oliver again began to try and kick Bruce in his chest before Diana grabbed his both arms and pined him to the wall. As he struggled to free himself from the amazons grip Diana could only feel guilt and sadness as she watched a mans life and soul crash and burn before her very eyes and seen no way to stop it. "Please Oliver !!" she pleaded "I know how much It hurts but you cannot see her like this calm down we are not your enemies. Oliver took a large deep breath then exhaled as Diana let go of his arms and led arrow to the next room where Alfred stood attending to the last of canary wounds. As Alfred quickly stepped away Diana stood next to arrow who lay kneeling next to canary in tears." Ill let you have a moment" as both Diana and Alfred stepped out from the room closing the door behind them the could hear Arrow as he screamed anger and pain. Diana gazed at bruce who sat on the small black chair holding a piece of cloth to his mouth which blood oozed from his lips, as both Diana and Bruce glared at each other in illusion they both feared for the same thing which was would the loss of so many loved ones effect them in a way in which they would believe justice could not be gained but only taken and revenge would be all they could live for. The justice league would be no more.

Diana took the small cloth from Bruce's hands and began dabbing is fine and crimson lips which she had seen herself many a time listening too. Bruce stared at Diana squarely " how do you do it" Bruce exhaled. Diana smiled at the dark knight
"Well for one thing I dodge punches not let them hit me " she giggled

"No not that your smile I think you give us more hope than you let on, look how you spoke to arrow who listened to you immediately" Bruce whispered smiling.
" I highly doubt it I just see the people I love and I get on with it not for myself but for them" Diana's smiles changed slightly as she continued dabbing Bruce's lips not realising there hands had simultaneously become untwined.
" Oh sorry" Diana pulled her hands away embarrassed and blushing.

" Don't be, it was bringing back some memories of the times when I would follow you round the world and back without hesitation and my eyes became entranced as I would look at you. Do you remember " Bruce still smiling's hands clasped together again with Diana.
" I remember, but I also remember you always working, we barely dated!"

" Never meant I stopped loving you did it" he whispered before moving in closer, Diana's hand warped around his body as his did to her.
Clink.... a small noise came from the door " it must be Clark and John" Diana shouted as both her and Bruce jumped to there feet, eyes firmly set on the door as it swung open john appeared first from the darkness eyes open widely staring on the floor immediately walking to Bruce. Then Clark appeared from the dim light. head also connected to the floor.
"What have you done Clark " Bruce shouted.

Diana for a second didn't understand and stood puzzled at bruces comment to clark until she seen Clark's suit covered in splatters of blood as was his hands and face dripping motionlessly.
"Clean yourself up" Bruce hissed before Clark spoke another word.
"Diane could you help with this ...."
Diana gazed in astonishment as Clark revealed his covered in blood arm which consisted of a krypton infused knife plunged into his veins. As Clark moved closed to Diana he began to shake a little before falling onto Diana's shoulder, without hesitation Diana quickly supported Clark and took him to the small bathroom to clean his wounds before taking the krypton out.