Chapter 11

Chapter Eleven..... Emmaleigh

I woke up with strong arms around me. I turn and see Tristan's sparkling blue eyes looking into mine.

"Hi." he says.

"Hi." I tell him. I actually would have said something else but I have bad morning breath. We just continue to stare at each other and I can honestly do this forever if I wanted to.

"Thank you for staying with me Tristan." I say.

"Your welcome. I will anytime for you." I blush instantly and he smiles.

"Are we still on for tonight?" I ask nervously.

"Only if you want to Em." he says.

"I do." I smile eagerly.

"Okay." He smiles back at me which sends my stomach into somersaults. We get up and he climbs out my window.

"See you later Em."

"Bye T." I wave at him and shut my window. I take a deep breath and I still can't believe what all happened in the last twenty four hours. I look at my floor and see a piece of paper. I look at it closer and see it's from my dad. Wow, he apologized. I still don't want to talk to him though. I feel like I can't trust him, not yet anyway.

One year ago I remember waiting, just waiting for my mom to come home. It was impossible that she was dead. I mean she couldn't be. At her funeral I came to terms of being left behind. My own mom went on to Heaven while she left me behind with Dad. I tried to get him to comfort me or just simply show any sign of love towards me. He showed his true colors to me that day.

For days I would say "Dad." and I would never get a response. I talked to him, even though I would never get a response. To me it was like I was talking to a brick wall for weeks. When my fifteenth birthday came he finally spoke to me.

"Happy Birthday." he said silently.

"Thanks Dad." I gave him a hug. Those words to me felt like an entire lifetime of talking. It wasn't much, but it was a start. Now it's my turn to give him the silent treatment. I take a shower and change into some comfortable clothes. I want to see Tristan and I guess I will walk too. I jumped out my window and started walking to Tristan's. I ring his doorbell and he opens with a smile.

"Hey T." I say sweetly.

"Hey Em." he says.

"Can I come in?" I ask nicely.

"Yeah make yourself at home." I suddenly hear feet running down the stairs. I see Sarah's bright blue eyes and perky smile looking at me.

"Emmaleigh!" she yells.

"Hey Sarah!" She runs straight into my arms and I give her a big hug. After that she runs off.

"Can we go somewhere private Tristan?" I ask.

"Sure." I need to figure out why I could have come here. Just saying I needed to see him is kind of weird. So I guess I'll ask him where we are going tonight.

"I felt like I couldn't do this over the phone." I just wanted to get out of the house actually.

"Okay." He looks nervous.

"Don't worry it's not a bad thing, actually it's pretty easy." I try to make him not so nervous. It didn't work though.

"Go ahead do it. Break up with me." he says sadly. I start to laugh.

"What's so funny?" he says puzzled.

"Did you really think I would do that?" I ask.

"By the way you sounded. Yeah." he says sadly. I give him a hug and them kiss him.