sight of darkness ch.5

RRRRIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

( Whew, that was sure a boring lesson. Ugh, well, at least Mrs. Pomfrey was late today. That was close. Ugh, that was probably the longest 2 hours of my life. Why did I pick science as my core class?? I should've picked English like Mark. Crud oh, well. Now off to P.E. How fun.) I roll my eyes ,pack up and head off to the gym.

All around me I hear and see harmless banter and chatter of teens. Some are gossiping about the latest scandal, some about this awesome new movie, band, etc, and others are just interested about getting wasted at someone's house or party.

( Same old shallow people. Well, most of them. Some of them are pretty decent, few are awesome, and one is vague and mysterious. Well, not for long, I hope.)

An unexpected smile forms across my face. Soon my mind wanders toward my latest encounter with Ivan. For some reason it hurt me that he wasn't here beside me...that I wasn't able to gaze into his marvelous green eyes...or touch his warm face...

( WAIT!!! Just one second. Ugh, Annabelle, what are you doing?? You've barely met the dude and you sound like you're in love with him. Like those stupid Barbie cheerleaders who fall in love with the sweet handsome nerd from those idiotic teen movies. Ugh, sometimes those movies make me sick...but in others they're so sweet and say the cutest thi-no!!! Stop! Reality check. That's what happens in the movies or books...never in real life. You just don't fall in love with somebody in 3 or 5 days...let alone 3 hours! It's just not done. There. Plain and simple.)

Even though this made sense, I felt doubtful and confused. I felt in my heart that what the world has taught me...is wrong. That maybe sometimes...love is like the movies.( Maybe you don't have to date someone for 3 years then get married. Maybe you just know.)

( But, no. That can't be right....can it? I mean, that would explain a lot. Especially why my heart acts funny whenever he smiles at me or touch me. Or why I yearn for his touch. Can it be possible for "love at first sight" to be real??) I mused about how I could see into his soul...like if I barely stretched out my hand I could touch it. ( Hmmm...I'm not quite sure...I guess a maybe will do...for now. Yeah...maybe.)

" Oh my gosh!!! Have you seen the new guy??" I heard a nearby girl with waay too much make-up and fake platinum blonde hair gushed. Her bimbo friend with light make-up but too short and tight clothes said, " Duhh!! Who hasn't seen him! God, I would like a piece of that stud muffin And he has one fine- " After that I tuned them out. It was obvious the conservation was just going to be a bunch of silly remarks about Ivan's butt or whatever else. I didn't need to listen to their idiotic ramblings. I already knew what Ivan looked like. ( Also he is not a stud. He's much more than some jock pretty boy. Much more, I'm sure of that.) I knew I was probably assuming things, but since my two encounters with Ivan, it just made me think there's more behind those jaded eyes . I just knew...

RRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!

" Dammit!!!" I said in a huff. ( What is up with me today??? Do I want to get detention for all my tardies?? )

" Ugh!" and with that I ran all the way to the gym with Ivan's beautiful eyes flashing whenever I closed my eyes.