sight of darkness,ch.4

I mean it all makes sense. That thing moved super-naturally fast that I could barely see him...it...whatever. It was incredibly strong. I mean it frickin threw me into a tree 10ft away and wasn't even winded. Also, he didn't even flinch when Delysia punched him. Which is kind of big, since she punches really hard.( Trust me, she punches hard. Really hard.) Then when I saw those topaz blue eyes, they put me in a trance. That crystal voice drew me in like a shiny lure to a fish. I had felt that breath of my neck. Through my trance I had felt some sort of longing. That thing had to be a vampire. Well based on the little facts. So I suppose my assumption can be wrong. Still, I know I'm right. My sister's kidnapper was a vampire...if I'm correct that is.

( Hmmm, how do you take down a vampire?) So I sat there, pondering the ways you could kill a vampire. ( Well, there's the old fashion way, pierce their heart with a silver or wooden stake. But where would I get a stake??? So that won't do. I could decapitate it...but I fear that may be too gruesome for my queasy stomach.) Just by the thought of it, sent quivers to my stomach. It made me glad I skipped breakfast. Otherwise I'd just see it again on the floor. ( Ewww. Anyway , what else? There's the sun, but from what I've read and heard the only effects the sun has on vampires is either give them bad headaches, weaken their powers, or makes them sparkle like diamonds. Or they could have shields, like some special ring or something. Even if the sun did burn a vamp, they wouldn't be dumb enough as to go out in broad daylight. I can't will the sun to come and go either, so there goes that idea.)

RRRRIIIINNNGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The bell pulled me out of my musings just in time to hear Mr. Green say ," Alright, so I expect your notes on section 1 and 2 to be done and turned in on my desk tomorrow. You're dismissed." I stuff my notebook and pencil bag into my backpack. I head out of class and to my locker to get my Physics book. As I retrieve my book I feel someone near me, they feel familiar yet anonymous. I brush it off, but I hear them say something in an accent I knew very well.

" Errrggh, God damn these American contraptions." he huffed. He tried again, but to no avail. At least I think, since he said something in Russian(it sounded like a cuss word, but I couldn't tell since I don't speak Russian.) and I heard him clang his head against the metal.

" Need some help there?" I ask.

At first all I is green, then I focus away from his eyes are instead focus on him and what's he saying to me.

" He-he. I would gladly appreciate it, Annabelle." he leaned away from his locker so that I may pass thru and open his locker.

" Alright, what's the combination?"

" Combination? Oh, right. It's 17-39-19. " I twist and turn the dial and

" Voila! There you go." I say into the empty now open locker.

" How did-? I just-? How did you do that? I spent almost 15 minutes trying to open that locker. " I turn around to see him with a very confused expression on his face.

" Oh, well these lockers are always hard to open. You just have to use the right technique for them. Being here since as long as I have helps, so that these 'damn American contraptions' don't trick ya. Newbies are usually the suckers." I said with a smirk.

" Oh,hahaha. So you're a comedian, Miss Annabelle. I thought you to be more the intellectual artsy type." he countered waggling one of his eyebrows.

( Man, how do people do that??? When I try to do it, I always end up looking like I've been traumatized or something. How does he make it look so easy??)

" Well, who ever said I couldn't be both? I could be a intelligent artist with lots of wit. Or a comedian who's smart and knows her way with paints and a canvas."

He chuckled," Well, that would be a very dangerous combination, including your brilliant beauty. " He stroked my cheek with the back of his hand. I thought it was extremely forward, but his touch left my body feel aflame and yearning for his touch. Our eyes met, and stayed for what seemed like hours but were a mere few seconds. I stared into those jade eyes and felt as if I could see into his soul. And he could see mine. It was like the rest of the world was still, and we were the only ones that still moved. I felt as if I knew this person. Even though I hardly knew him, I felt like I knew his every feeling, every thought, every light and dark corner. Then I saw one particularly dark corner. It was mysterious. Full of self-hatred, guilt, lust, and blood thirst...

RRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We snapped out of the trance. It was like plunging your head into water, or like a very forceful painful slap across the face. I was bewildered.

( What just happened??? )

As my head whirled, I saw that Ivan looked just as lost as I did. Both of us were panting.

( That was weird. Really weird. Yet...why did I want it to never stop? Why do I long for his touch even more? Wait, no stop!! Stop, thinking like that Annabelle! You hardly even know this guy. This sweet, cool, amazingly hot- NO!! ugh, stop. For all you know this guy could be a werewolf or vampire or God knows what else. Be on your guard.)

I took a deep breath.

I started ," Ummm...well-"

" I'm sorry. That was terribly forward of me. That was a bit too intimate to do, since we just met. Ummm...I shall see you another time. Lunch, perhaps?" he said in a rush, that it made my head spin again.

" Uhhh, sure? I'll see you around." I said uncertain.

" Terrific. I'll see you...later? Correct? That is how you Americans say it. Well, ado fair Annabelle." he waved with that charming smile and walked to his next class.

" Bye." I whispered. ( Ugh, the first amazing guy here, and he just might be some creepy ghouly that crawled out from the closet of myth and fairytales. Great. Oh,well. I'll save that dilemma for another time. First, I have to save Delysia. Which doesn't include tardies. Awww,crap not again.)

I ran with my books and backpack, hoping Mrs.Pomfrey wouldn't mark me tardy.

" Ugh, stupid maybe werewolf!!!" I whispered screamed.

**hi people! sorry,it's been forever since i uploaded. i'm so sorry. but u guys know how it is with school and family. itz all a big mess and jus bleh!!! so sorry,hope this made up for it! :)