Sight of darkness ch.1

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" *gasps heavily* ( Oh....oh.....thank goodness...it was only a dream...just a dream.) " Just a dream...a scary one...but still not real." I slumped back on to my pillows. The light breeze from my window cooled me down. ( Only a dream...ew...I'm sweating.) I felt my tank top stick to my back. ( Whew, that seemed too real... way too real. Hmm,wonder what time it is? ) I turned towards my alarm clock and see it's 5:30 am. ( Shit! I'm going to be late for the bus!)

I leap out of bed, grab some red skinny jeans, a black tee with " I love emo boys!" on it, some undergarments, a towel and ran into the bathroom. Took the quickest 5 minute shower ever, got dressed, and brushed my hair. ( Ummm,how should I do my hair? Straight? Curly? Down? Up? One ponytail? Two?) As I tried to find the perfect one I looked at the time. 5:45 am! ( Damn, to hell with it! ) I settled on a simple high ponytail. I ran to room ,got my backpack, put on red converse and checked my reflection in the mirror. In it a saw a girl with golden brown skin, lavender eyes with a tint of blue, round face, normal lips with the bottom just a bit fuller than the top, and midnight black hair with burgundy highlights. " Annabelle!! Hurry up you're going to be late for school!!" yelled my mom. I ran down the stairs and said," I'm coming! I'm coming!" My mom was already out the door headed for the our black mustang. We got in, she revved the car, backed out the driveway, and speeded off towards my school.

**** We pulled into the parking lot. The clock read 5:57 am. ( Whew! Made it! ) My mom looked over me at first with relief, then with slight frustration. ( Uh-oh. Why do I feel a lecture coming on?) " Well bye mom. See ya after school!" I tried to make a quick escape, but my mom had other plans.

" Hold it right there, Annabelle. You got 8 minutes left until the first bell rings. ( Aw, crud.)

" Now, do you mind telling me why you woke up late today?"

" I overslept."

" Uh-huh." my mom said skeptically. I'm not a morning person, but my mom knows me well enough to know that I still wake up early because I hate being late.

" Were you reading again?"

" Uh...no. I went to sleep right when you told me to." Flat out lie. I was reading...again. But it was only five pages. I needed to know how chapter five ended of Twilight. I finally gave in to my friend Mandy's requests to read it, and found it to be fairly decent.

My mom looked at the clock it was 6:00 am. Then said," Fine, just don't do it again ok?"

" Ok."

" K, go on. I'll see you at home."

" K, bye mom." I got out of the car and entered the front gate.

My best friends Marcus and Mandy, were waiting for me by the entrance. Marcus is kinda tall ,lanky. He has short cinnamon brown hair, caramel reddish eyes and a shade lighter than me. Mandy has dark red long curly hair down to the middle of her back. Her hair reminds me of Redvines or cherries. She's average height bout 2 inches taller than me, lightly tanned skin, and glacier blue eyes.

" Hey Anna-bee!" they said in unison.

" Hey guys! What's up?" I replied.

" Not much really. Just chilling ." said Marcus in his usual laid-back voice.

" Same here. Sooo, why are you so late Miss Punctuality?" said Mandy with curiousity.

" First of all, I'm surprised you know what punctuality means. Second, I overslept."

" Hey! I know the meanings of lots of words. Second-" but Mandy got interrupted by Marcus's and mine's laughter.

At first she looked a bit ticked off but she got over it and joined in.

" Ok, that was a bit of a stretch but back to what I was saying. Why'd you oversleep?"

" She was probably reading that dumb book you gave her." interjected Marcus.

" It is not stupid, you're just too dumb to comprehend its true meaning. " said Mandy.

" Yeah, like the meaning of vampires that sparkle is sooo hard to comprehend." he mocked.

I let out a lil chuckle, but stopped when Mandy gave me a sharp look. Then I began to say, " It's an ok book. But I just overslept, no big deal."

They exchange a look, then shrug and change the subject.

" Oh yeah I almost forgot to tell you. We have a new kid! A hot new guy!" gushed Mandy. Marcus just rolled his eyes, gave a small wave and headed over to his guy friends Greg and Darren.

" Really? That's odd, I thought we got the last of new kids during the first week of second semester."

" So did I, but as I was waiting for Marcus, I saw him come out of this sleek black Mercedes CLK convertible . Then I saw his face, and he is absolutely gorgeous!!! Flawless! I mean a 1,000 on the hot-o-meter, on any meter!! I can't even describe him for you, cause my meager choice of words will fail to describe his beauty! "

I laughed. " Wow, really? Sounds almost too good to be true."

" I know! He totally is though! You have got to see him!" she gushed.

( This guy must be really something to be a 1,000 on her hot-o-meter. Only a few guys pass the number 9. She could be messing with me, let's see.)

" Wow, does he sparkle, have gold eyes , and pale white skin??" I said with mock excitement.

" Yeah he- wait a minute. Nice try, but no. This guy is hotter!!"

( Huh, guess she's not if he's hotter than the vamp of her dreams. I'm curious now.)

" K, so where is this imaginary guy at? "

" He is not imaginary and he's-"

Then the first bell rang.

" Darn, guess you gotta show me your new friend at lunch. C'mon we're gonna be late." I grabbed the sleeve of her checked blue jacket and headed towards our English class with Ms. Brinks.

" B-but..." she tried to free herself, but I didn't let her budge an inch.

" Ugh, fine." she said with defeat. I let her go and we went to class.

I am a bit curious of this so called "new kid" ,but for some reason I didn't want to meet him. I don't know why, I mean I don't know the guy please I haven't even seen the guy! It's just...I feel that this mysterious stranger might be...dangerous and that...I should stay away from him.

Hey, that should be kind of a clue to you guys about the new kid. Well hoped you liked the chapter! Please comment and vote! It means a lot to me. Thanks!