Sight of darkness:prologue

It's a very cold night with the midnight sky shielding the forest with its shadows. The only way I'm able to see is from the faint moonlight streaming from the treetops. The ground is cold and slightly damp beneath my bare feet. After I process these things I begin to ponder why I'm here in this eerie forest. How did I get here? While I try to find reasonable answers to these questions I hear a low howl in the distance.

I try to convince myself it's just my imagination when I heard it again. "OOOOOOWWWWWWHHHHH!" The howl was loud. It sent chills spiraling down my spine. The howling continued, it became louder and closer.

Pure terror was what made me lift myself off the ground and hurl myself into a sprint. I kept running, I didn't care what direction I was going, or the fact that billions of little rocks and splinters of wood were scraping my feet. All I cared about was getting away from the horrible creature that howled.

So I kept on running and running, with my fear and own two feet to guide me. Then the howling grew weaker and weaker, until altogether it just disappeared. I turned my head around to see if in fact I was being chased and not running for no reason. That was a mistake.

Since I wasn't looking where I was going, I tripped over a spider-shaped tree root and fell. " Ahh!" I screamed as I slid across the floor covered with many sharp rocks and twigs. My arms,legs,face, and even my feet got scratched. My feet got the worst of it, cause I had tried to use them to stop my fall, but to no avail. My feet burned, and I felt the blood drip down them. " Oww...." I sat up ,pulled my knees to my chest, and tried to examine how much damage was done. Then for some reason I felt as if someone or better yet something was watching me.

As I looked up, I saw a huge silver wolf with jade green eyes staring at me only four feet away. The same fear that had propelled me to run, had me paralyzed there. It was just me and the wolf staring at each other. One of us too scared to, the other just waiting for the perfect moment to strike.

As I stared into those jade eyes I saw something almost like pity...regret? It only lasted a second though. Then the eyes suddenly turned cold and malicious , like the eyes of a hungry predator ready to pounce its prey. The wolf began to smile, or at least something like smile, it wasn't a nice smile. It was a cold evil smile.

Its lips curled up its razor sharp teeth. It began to snarl at me, almost as in anger. Strangely I felt the anger was not towards me, but to something unknown . Almost like at itself...? Before I could process that, the wolf went into a pouncing stance. My instincts told me to run, but my fear was too great to comprehend the warning. Then the silver wolf lunged at me. Teeth and claws bared.

Hey,watz up? thnx for reading my story. hoped u enjoyed it! please comment and vote. :)