<10>

Camping v. House: Part 2

Lucas's POV (Libra)

"If I was your boyfriend, I'd never let you go. I can take you places you ain't never been before. Baby take a chance or you'll never ever know. I got money in my hands that I'd really like to blow." Gavin tells Sophia while snapping his fingers.

"Are you singing that dumb Justin Bieber song?" She rolls her eyes like she's annoyed, but it's easy to recognize that she wants to smile.

"Swag, swag, swag, on you." He whispers, continuing in the tune of the song, "Chillin' by the fire while we eating fondue."

Gavin's flirting with Sophia has gradually gotten more obvious, although, it's still difficult to tell whether or not he actually wants to commit to a relationship, or just likes to flirt. It's difficult to tell with Sophia, too, as she never gives those sorts of thing away. No one can really figure her out, except for maybe Gavin. 

Sometimes I wish I had something like that. It's the desperate part of me, who's never dated anyone and is hoping that one day someone would be interested. But the logical part of me pushes the idea away. If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't, its no big deal. I try to remember that.

"I'd like to be everything you want, hey girl, let me talk to you." Gavin sings. Sophia covers her mouth to refrain from laughing.

"You okay, man?" Alex nudges me, "In deep thought again?"

"That makes me sound like a loser." I say.

"You said it, not me." Alex puts up his hands, chucking. 

He notices my non-changing expression and says, "You'll get that soon enough. You're a chick magnet. You just don't know it."

I shrug in response. 

"I'm so bored. Someone come up with something for us to do." Sam says to the group.

"How about-"

"We're not doing truth or dare, Levi." Caroline interrupts, shooting down Levi's idea.

"Ugh, fine. Then what do we do?" Levi asks with a sigh.

Claire stands and walks out for a moment, returning with a stack of board games in her hands. She lays out the board games in front of her so that everyone can see the options.

"This is what we do. What game do you want to start with?"

"Ooh, let's start with Clue. That one's always fun." Taylor suggests. Everyone agrees and we begin to play. There are six characters so we divide up into pairs and choose our characters.

Taylor and Sophia choose Miss Scarlet, Paige and Claire choose Mrs. Peacock, Vanessa and Caroline choose Mrs. White, Asher and Gavin choose Colonel Mustard, Levi and Sam choose Mr. Green, and Alex and I choose Professor Plum. 

We roll dice to see who gets the largest amount and gets to make the first move, Vanessa and Caroline winning. They roll and get six, so they move six places. The game goes on and people begin to make suggestions.

"I suggest that it was Colonel Mustard in the kitchen with the lead pipe." Sophia grins.

"How dare you!" Asher gasps. 

Paige, who sits right next to Taylor and Sophia, sighs and shows them her team's cards, since she has one of the items mentioned. Taylor rubs her hands together in excitement, and checks something down on her slip of paper.

The winning accusation came from our team: "I think it was Mr. Green in the library with the rope."

Claire picks up the small envelope and removes the enclosed set of cards. She reads them aloud, confirming that Alex and I had won the game. We turn to each other and high-five to congratulate ourselves.

Savannah's POV (Sagittarius)

"Victor? Victor?" Lily calls out to the darkness.

"It's no use. It's probably some kind of prank." I shake my head.

"We shouldn't have come. This sucks. I miss Sam." She says. Her eyes widen a bit when she realizes that she had just made a comment about missing her boyfriend to her boyfriend's sister. I've never been bothered with the fact that one of my good friends is dating my brother, but it is kind of weird to have someone I'm close with liking Sam. I honestly don't know what she sees in him.

"When we find Victor, this trip will be worth it. We'll have so much more fun than the losers stuck at the house." I tell her. She smiles and nods.

We had split into groups like Lia had suggested. There were 4 groups of 3, so that the groups could go in all 4 directions. Gabriella is the other person in our group.

"Did you hear that?" She asks.

"Hear what?" Lily replies.

"I don't know, I thought I heard something." Gabriella mutters. Her statement is followed by a loud thump.

"OW!" A male voice groans.

We run to the source of the sound and find Victor sprawled out on the ground beside a large fallen tree branch. He continues to groan in pain, and slowly sits up, rubbing the back of his head.

Gabriella immediately rushes to his side, "Victor? Are you okay? What happened? We've been looking for you!" 

Still holding his head, he answers, "I think I was up there." He points up to the tree that he's leaning against.

"What do you mean? What were you doing up there?"

"I took a nap."

"But why up there? Why did you leave the campsite?"

"I wanted to find a high-up place to put your journal so that it could dry out. I climbed up and hung it on a branch, and I went all Katniss Everdeen and took a nap up there." He explains, "Now I'm on the ground."

Lily takes a step forward towards them and interjects, "So the branch broke off and he fell?" Victor shrugs in response, seeming confused.

"Where's the journal now?" Gabi asks. Victor points up again. We all look up to see the book resting on a high tree branch, its spine facing to the sky.

I sigh, "How are we supposed to get that down?" 

"Let's just get you back to the campsite for now. We'll get that later. C'mon, Vic." She helps him up, but once he's standing, he rejects her assistance.

"I got it. I can walk." He pauses, gains his balance, and starts to walk. He wobbles as he steps, and suddenly throws up in a nearby bush. 

"Ew." Lily says. We then make our way back to the camp.

I've been in a very write-y mood, and that's why I decided to make another chapter. plus, I've been getting a lot of "please update" comments. I hope you guys like this chapter and have a good day!

-kai