Seventeen.

The next morning, I woke up at almost noon. I really needed to check in on Tech-com and see what Clara and Gwendolyn were doing with the company, but I could hear Arlo humming around the main area. It smelled of breakfast. I risked it and pulled out my computer set up, spoofing the IP and going in through the back of the firewall. I set it up in the closet just in case. Clara was on the phone. I turned the sound on low as I listened.

"Of course he won't fight it. My son will keep it from getting messy. He was never one for confrontation. I don't know who that little bitch thinks she is, but Arlo won't put her over his father's legacy. He'll be back with Gwen in less than two weeks," Clara said over the phone as her bottom rested against the edge of the desk in her pinstriped, peach, pencil skirt. It looked like she was going for a Jackie O. look with her peach half jacket and cream colored blouse. I hacked the computer and went through the files, copying Arlo's schedule and keeping it locked from Clara. I doubted she already looked at it.

I went through the schedule and canceled all the meeting for the week before calling Patty.

"Tech-com Global, how may I direct your call?" she greeted, hesitating at the change of leadership.

"Hey Patty, it's me, Lyra," I identified myself. Patty breathed out in relief.

"It has been a shit show over here," she said. I chuckled and sat back slightly.

"I need you to do me a huge favor," I said before explaining my plan. She was excited for it. After putting my setup away on a pocket in the closet, I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth and hair. I stayed in my pajamas as I went to see what Arlo was doing. He was still humming away to the TV, finishing off whatever he was cooking.

"Hey," I smiled. He looked over and pulled whatever he was cooking off the stove.

"Hey yourself. Did you sleep well?" he asked. I nodded as I slid into the bar seat.

"Yes I did. How did you sleep?" I asked. His smile widened as he set a plate in front of me.

"Like a baby. It's nice sleeping in for once," he joked. I should've at least warned him of what I did.

"I went ahead and cancelled all of your meetings until further notice," I started.

"Thank you, babe," he replied, as he came around with his plate and kissed my cheek.

"There's more," I added hesitantly. I thought it was funny at the time, and Arlo did say he wanted to get his hands dirty. Well, in so many words. Just then, his phone rang. He looked at it curiously before answering it and putting it on speaker.

"Mom," Arlo greeted shortly.

"Son... do you want to tell me why everyone went home and your schedule is locked?" Clara asked in irritation. I covered my mouth as giggles threatened to escape. I simply shrugged and didn't even attempt to wipe the smile off of my face. Arlo smirked.

"Sorry mom, can't help you. I don't work there anymore," he said before hanging up. I released the laugh that I had been holding back as I shrugged.

"That was the other thing. I may have given Patty a call and told her to tell everyone their on a paid vacation for the next week," I explained. Arlo kissed me deeply before he chuckled.

"You are incredible," he said with a smile. I'm glad he saw it the same as I did. Sure it was kind of petty, but Clara would be doing nothing in an empty office for the next week. Her numbers would reflect against her. We ate our breakfast and talked animatedly before just relaxing and spending the day inside. It was nice, and Arlo seemed so much more relaxed and at ease. His guard was completely down and he was loving every moment of this. He needed a day off.

I really needed to go see what Clara was doing in the building by herself but I didn't have the freedom to go check. I could do it in front of Arlo but I wasn't sure how he would take it that I had access like I did. He might change his cyber security up later, and if I were to divorce him eventually, he would know I could spy on him if I wanted. So ultimately, it would have to be a secret that I kept to myself.

We watched a movie, ordered takeout, took a swim and ended the night in a bar down the street. We had a few drinks and watched a game on the TV with the other bar-goers. It was fun. I had a mojito in front of me and I snacked on some fries as Arlo went to the bathroom.

"Which team are you rooting for?" a guy asked as he slipped into the seat next to me. I recognized his as Mark Sphil's consultant, Aston.

"I'm just watching the game," I answered before taking a sip of my mojito.

"You're Mr. Mason's assistant, right?" he asked. I shrugged.

"Well... I'm more of a freelancing consultant now," I answered.

"You got fired?" he asked. I smirked as a giggle escaped.

"Kind of," I answered unsurely.

"Hey, what did I miss?" Arlo said, coming back. I was only able to open my mouth when Aston recognized the situation.

"Arlo Mason. Surprised to see you here," he greeted him. Arlo didn't waste any time sliding an arm around my waist as he stood next to me.

"I venture out sometimes," he answered. "What brings you here?" Arlo asked. Aston smirked as he took a sip of his beer.

"It's my day off. So you two..." he hinted. Arlo only smiled and gave a slight nod.

"Lyra, is my girlfriend," he said proudly. Aston looked a bit shocked Arlo let it out like that.

"Oh, and here I thought you would be dating Mark. He was keen on you," Aston said. I felt my cheeks blush as I took another sip of my drink.

"Yeah, I noticed that," Arlo said before I could get anything out.

"Well, enjoy the game," Aston said before he left us alone.