Sixteen.

I waited until we were back at the suite before releasing a breath as I collapsed on the couch. Arlo set the envelope on the table before he began pacing. He looked at a lost; like he was trying to think of what to do next. I was already two steps ahead of him. I pulled out my phone and called Kristen. While it was ringing, I looked at Arlo.

"Do you have a copy of your father's will?" I asked. He nodded before he left the room.

"Hey, Ly, what's up?" Kristen asked. I quickly explained the scene that just unfolded. He gave me the number to our lawyer friend who I was actually friends with but I just didn't have his number in this phone. Kristen and I always got new phones for major cons like this. I hung up as Arlo came back into the living room with a stack of paperwork. I leaned over the paper on the coffee table and began glancing through it as I dialed the number that Kristen gave me.

"Hey Donnie; it's Lyra," I said as soon as he picked up. "I need you to come down as soon as you can," I continued before giving him the address.

"Who was that?" Arlo asked when I hung up.

"A good friend who just so happens to be a lawyer," I explained. I read over the will myself first as I paced. It was just as I thought. I figured out a loophole. It was by ratings, not opinion. Arlo had upped the stock by 15 points with me there in the last few weeks. That would be enough to hold up in court. He was better when he came from under his mother's thumb.

"What did you find?" he asked, seeing my face.

"You've got nothing to worry about. It's not based on your mother's opinion, it's based on numbers, and you're numbers are good. Even more so, since you started doing what you wanted with the company," I answered. He smiled in relief and sat back against the couch.

"You know opening this can of worms will probably ruin your relationship with your mother, right? Are you absolutely positive you want to go down this hole?" I asked to be sure. Something like this could tear a family apart. And as much as my con depended on him being in power of the company, I actually cared about his personal life, too.

"She ruined our relationship a long time ago. I'm sure," he answered.

"She would get nothing of your father's inheritance for violating his will for her own personal gain. You would literally be putting her out on the streets," I warned him.

"She shouldn't have been so selfish to begin with," he countered. He was fully committed to going through with this. Regardless of the fact that she was his mother, he wanted her to burn. I sat next to him and set the will on the table as I relaxed. Arlo kissed my head as he pulled me into his side.

"Thank you... for helping me with this," he said. I smiled lightly as I looked up at him.

"Of course," I said softly. We relaxed and watched TV until Donnie showed up. He only confirmed what I already said. He took pictures of the will for a copy and promised to get right on it.

"Well, on the bright side, you have a few days to really relax and recuperate. There's going to be a lot to catch up on when you're in charge again," I said cheerfully. He smiled and kissed me gently.

"We have a few days to relax and recuperate. And we get to go to your brother's dinner party, maybe hit a few places out in town, take the boat out for the day. We can do whatever you want," he corrected. I chuckled and snuggled into his side.

"I'm perfectly content right here," I said. And I really was. I didn't want to think about the company or the con. I just wanted to relax and be here in the moment with Arlo. I liked spending time with him. I knew that we would get his company back, but for the time being, this was a nice break from everything.

When I started dozing off, Arlo carried me to my room and laid me down before going to his own room. I relaxed into the plush pillow and silk sheets and drifted back into a peaceful sleep. I could definitely get used to this, and that was a huge problem.