Six.

As soon as Kristen closed the door, I turned to him with a glare.

"What the hell are you doing?!" I asked. He looked at me amused.

"Creating the friction; the problem to move things along a little quicker, but it looks like things are already going faster that I thought they would," Kristen explained. My cheeks heated in embarrassment.

"He asked me out on a date tomorrow night," I admitted. "He stood up to his mother, and he's going to break up with Gwen," I explained. He looked at me closely.

"You're so flushed. You're enjoying this aren't you?" he asked. I chuckled and shrugged.

"I'm not flushed, I had a few drinks. Plus, who doesn't enjoy a little attention every once in a while," I countered, still feeling a tad inebriated.

"No, you're enjoying this too much. Don't forget the plan," he said. I rolled my eyes and kicked off my heels before I untied the corset back. Kristen automatically began unlacing me.

"I haven't forgot, geez. I just had a little too much wine," I said.

"You broke the two cap limit? Well did you sleep with him too?" Kristen asked. I shook my head as the dress fell from my body. I gladly accepted my pajamas from him and put them on. I sat on the couch and sighed as I looked at him.

"I didn't... sleep with him. I'm not stupid," I said.

"Not until after you marry him. He has to fall in love with you. If not, you can definitely count on a pre-nup," he said. I sighed and rolled my eyes. These were all things I already knew. We were quiet for a moment as the TV droned on in the background.

"What's it like?" I asked timidly. He looked at me confused.

"What's what like?" he asked. My cheeks heated as I looked at my lap and he knew exactly what I was talking about.

"It's... look I don't know how it is for girls, and I am not having this conversation with you. I love you, but hell no. Look up a online or something. I thought you'd read enough romance books to get the picture," he said as he stood. "I'm going to bed," he said before he retreated to his room quickly. I giggled at him. He was my big brother in every sense of the word, including getting embarrassed to talk about sex with me. But I did take his advice. I looked it up on Google.

After about ten minutes on that and a fully red face, I went ahead and prepped for the meeting with Mark. He was the definition of womanizer. He was young, like Arlo, but he liked to spend his money on girls, booze and parties. After digging up a little more on his personal life, I shut it down and went to bed. I would need to get a lot of rest for tomorrow. I couldn't allow myself to slip up.

~

The next morning, Kristen already had coffee waiting on the counter for me when I sleepily dragged my body into the kitchen. I groaned and sat at the counter as I pulled the coffee towards me and let my head rest on the table. I had a touch of a hangover.

"Come on, get over it. We have work to do," Kristen said as he set a plate of beans and toast in front of my. I sighed and picked my head up before drinking the coffee.

"What work could we possibly have today other than me getting ready for the date?" I asked.

"You need to study up more on Arlo. I don't want him taking you by surprise," Kris said as he opened a laptop in front of me to his Facebook page.

"We already did this," I whined, looking at him.

"We went back a year. You're going to go back five more," he said before he left the kitchen. I sighed and started scrolling until it was time for me to get ready for my date. I took a relaxing shower before putting lotion my body and leaving my hair it's its curly state. I only twisted my bangs back and clipped them. I got to work on my makeup; doing a simple smoky eye and nude lip stick before zipping into a black and nude colored bandaged dress that ended mid thigh. It has a square neckline that made my cleavage peek out respectfully and thick straps. I paired it with a pair of black pumps. I sprayed a little of the perfume Arlo enjoyed and went to go find Kris. He was in the living room, surfing through channels on the television.

"So?" I asked. He studied me closely. "Not too much... just enough. Just don't sleep with him," Kristen said. I rolled my eyes.

"I don't even know if I want to! I don't even know if I want to go there ever," I argued with him.

"You know not to get attached," he said. I nodded.

"Even though I don't play with the heart as often as you do, dear brother, I know how to run a mark," I argued. Kris sighed and stood in front of me.

"I just want you to be happy. You always play the small games. This is it, and then you can stop. I know how dad raised us effected you more than me because you were younger, but all I've ever wanted was for us to be able to live comfortably without having to hustle all the time. We don't have any schooling, we never held a real job in our life, so we do what we have to, but it doesn't have to be this way forever. Katherine was the last one for me, and Arlo could be your out too. You cannot mess it up," he said. I sighed as his hands rested on my shoulders. I knew he meant well, but we didn't really have the normal, typical, brother-sisterly way to show it.

"I know, but you're stressing me out. It won't appear natural if you keep me on my toes all the time," I said. He sighed as his hands fell. He knew I was right.

"Let this be my victory, or my mistake, okay? I know how to do this, and you picked a good one, but I've got it from here," I said. He nodded and sat back down.

"I hope you know what you're doing," he said his final words.

"I do," I assured him as a knock sounded on the door. "That would be me," I said with a breath.