Seven.

Kristen beat me to the door and opened it. "Hey, is your sister home?" Arlo asked. Kristen stood in the doorway silently. I moved Kristen from the door after grabbing my clutch and passed him.

"I'll be back later," I said to Kristen as I took Arlo's hand. Kristen grumbled and shut the door before Arlo led me down to the car.

"Your brother is a little..." he started. I giggled.

"I know. He means well," I said. "So where are we going anyway?" I asked. Arlo chuckled and kissed my hand.

"You'll see," he said with a sly smile. He didn't let go of my hand as we rode through the city and ended up at the water's edge. Arlo offered me a hand out of the car and began leading me towards a yacht waiting near the pier.

"A boat?" I asked as I saw the ramp acting as the entrance. He smiled proudly. I knew he had a boat. He bought it two years ago in honor of his father. His mother was highly against it, but he'd just taken over the company and got it anyway.

"Welcome to The Mateo Mason," he said at the base of the ramp. I smiled as I admired the boat.

"Your father's name," I said. He nodded.

"Come on," he said before he led me up the ramp and onto the boat. We went into what looked to be a dining room with a single table in the center and a bottle of wine in a bucket of ice. I chuckled.

"Very 'Parent Trap' of you," I noted. He looked at me amused before he laughed.

"I haven't heard of that movie in years," he said. "Which version?" he asked.

"Lindsay Lohan version," I answered as he pulled my chair out for me. I sat and he sat across from me.

"Before she went insane," he added. I nodded in agreement. We had light small talk as appetizers of cheese, deli meat, and strawberries came out and the wine was poured. I took a ginger sip of the wine. My plan was to not get as tipsy as I did last time, but I was having a good time. The main course was a steak dinner with mashed potatoes and broccoli. It wasn't as high scale as I though it might have been but I was glad for it. This dinner was more my speed. We talked easily like we'd been talking for years. He was comfortable around me, which was good, but I was also comfortable around him, which was questionable.

"Why did you ask me for a date?" I asked curiously. He smirked slightly.

"You're beautiful, which really goes without saying. But you are literally the smartest girl I know. You speak your mind, and you don't care who's listening, but you're kind as well. And I like the way you ramble off facts in a tangent, or just look away when you get nervous," he said. My cheeks turned pink as I looked at my half-eaten plate. He noticed my actual quirks; not the things that were supposed to seduce him.

"I do not," I said unconvincingly. He chuckled.

"Why did you say yes?" he asked.

"Well, technically, I didn't," I reminded him. He rolled his eyes slightly.

"What eventually convinced you?" he corrected for my benefit. I shrugged slightly.

"You're not as heartless as they depict you to be. It's refreshing," I answered, not complimenting him but not insulting him either.

"Thank you?" He said confused. I chuckled. We had an easy dinner and then Arlo took my out to the front of the boat to watch the water. It was hypnotizing in the dark. The sound was relaxing and I felt calm. For a moment, I forgot I was working a job as I just enjoyed it. Arlo stood next to me and wrapped an arm around my waist.

"When I was younger, my dad used to bring me out on his boat and we'd fish... at least once a month. It was our bonding time away from my mom. We would come out early in the morning and stay out all day; coming back as late as we wanted. After he died, my mom sold the boat to add to her bank account; like she needed it. After I took over, I tried to get the boat back. When I couldn't, I bought this baby," he explained. The story was sweet and definitely unexpected.

I turned to face him as his arms wrapped around my waist. It was a moment before his lips touched mine. For a moment, I completely let go and just enjoyed the sensation of his body against mine. I'd never felt this good before. My arms wrapped around his neck as I got lost in him. He pulled away slightly as his hand went to my cheek and he looked at me like he was drinking me in. I chuckled as a blush came over my cheeks. I eventually had to look away.

"What?" I asked. He smiled as his thumb moved over my cheek.

"Just... admiring you," he answered. He kissed my forehead before taking my hand in his.

"Come on, dessert should be ready now," he said, bringing me to sit at a table on the deck where we could see the city from the boat. Dessert was a chocolate lava cake that was to die for. I didn't talk again until my cake was finished. By then, I just sat back in my chair. Arlo chuckled at me.

"You sure can put it away," he noted. I chuckled and nodded.

"I have no problem eating until I'm satisfied," I responded.

"Gwen is always so self-conscious about eating. It's nice that you're comfortable enough around me to do so," he said honestly.

"Have you talked to her yet?" I asked before I took a sip of my water. He shook his head with a heavy sigh.

"I wanted to enjoy the weekend before getting into that headache," he answered. I hummed thoughtfully as I sipped on my water again. "Monday, I promise," he assured me. I stood and stretched gently.

"I should be heading back then," I said.

"What, why? I thought we were having a good time," he said standing as well.

"I am, but I can't do this with you until you settle with Gwendolyn. I'm just... I'm not that kind of girl," I shrugged. Arlo sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

Maybe I was pushing too hard, but I had to stay true to the persona. I walked closer to him and kissed his cheek gently.

"Plus, we have that meeting with Mark on Monday," I reminded him.

"I don't want this night to end yet," he said sincerely as he pulled me closer to him. I smiled softly as his lips brushed against mine.

"It has to," I said softly.