Chapter 9: Taking the Tracks

After the surgery, I was told to take it easy for a month... No work, no nothing, and so I did. I don't know whats happening between Castiel and I. I don't even know if he feels love, but I know for sure I feel it cause it blows right through me every time I look at him. I haven't seen him since that night though, since we kissed and I confessed to him how I felt.
  Sam, Dean, Bobby... They haven't seen him, either.
  It's 3 in the morning right now, and I don't know what to do. I went to the bathroom and picked up the phone. I started dialing Castiel.
  "C'mon! God dammit Cas!" I muttered as he wasn't answering.
  "I don't unders-" It went straight to voicemail and I hung up immediately. I leaned over the sink and sat my head on my hands. I felt the urge to cry. I looked up in the mirror at myself. I was miserable without him, and the boys were starting to notice too. I had bags under my eyes, and not to mention all the scarred over cuts from the incident with Alastair.
  I crept out of the bathroom and grabbed a peice of paper, leaving it on the front table of the motel. Already being dressed, I packed my backpack with food and kissed both my brothers on the forehead as they were both passed out.
  "I'm sorry guys... I love you." I whispered, and walked out the door. I don't know where I'm going, but it has to be away from here.

  Castiel's POV

  I finally found out why everybody wants y/n dead, and it's also the reason I'm stuck here. I miss her. I miss them all, but I'm being held captive here. Slowly being drained of my powers so that I can't escape. The reason is because of the prophecy, in the future of the prophecy that is. Because nephilims aren't supposed to be aloud the freely walk the Earth, or in this case rule heaven, they told me. I still think back to that night. When she said she loved me. I wish to tell her that I do. I love her too.

  Your POV

  I decided to hit the train tracks. They had to lead somewhere, and that somewhere is where I'm heading. I packed enough food to last me a couple days, and I have some money with me. I just needed to get away from it all. The kidnapping, torture, always vigilant of my own life. I felt like every path I tried to take would end with a bleak result, so why keep trying?
  I kept walking. Avoiding every few trains that would pass by. Hours I walked. I could feel my phone constantly vibrating in my back pocket.

  Dean's POV

  I woke up to Sam vigorously shaking me. He kept yelling my name.
  "Jesus Christ, what is it?!" I shouted, aggravated.
  "Y/n is gone." Is all he said until I sprung out of bed. He handed me a small paper:

  "Sam and Dean,
   I'm sorry I haven't told you guys how I felt, but I can't do this anymore. I feel like stress is eating me away. I can't hunt with you guys, Cas is MIA... I love you guys, but I'm leaving. I don't know where I'm going, but I'll be fine on my own.
                                          ~Love, Y/n"

   I crumbled up the paper and threw it, running my hand through my hair.
  "Son of a bitch!" I yelled, kicking over a chair. I knew it. Not being able to hunt wasn't her problem. And being hunted wasn't it either. It was Cas. I saw the way she would look at him. How happy she would be around him, and how low she would get when he was gone. I saw it in him too. Sure she was stressed from being hunted down by demons non-stop, but she missed our little wonder boy...
  "What should we do?" Sammy asked.
  "I don't know."

  Your POV

   It was 11a.m now, and I was starting to get tired. I figured it was about time to take a rest, so I stopped at this open grassland off the train tracks. It was a bizarre place. There was nothing for miles, except for this one lonely tree in the distance. I walked over to it.
  It was an Oak tree... Ginormous, too. It had to be at least a hundred years old.
  I could feel something around it too, like a powerful sense. I walked up closer to it.
  I felt like it was calling out to me, so I placed my hand in its trunk. It was just your average part of nature at first, but then I noticed something traveling from it, through it. I was a bright, blue-shiny substance that was glowing through the tree and flowing towards my hand. I was about to back up when I felt over-come by it. My lungs inhaled the unknown air and I screamed as it flowed through me.
  I staggered back and looked up... The tree was standing majestically. I noticed myself feeling different. I felt strong. What the hell was that?
  I don't know If I was just poisoned by mother nature, but whatever it was, I walked it off. I returned my route to the train tracks, pondering what just happened. I felt my phone buzzing in my pocket, and this time decided to see who it was. Bobby. I answered the phone.
  "Hello?" I asked. He took a breath of relief.
  "Jesus girl where are you? I've got your brothers knocking on my door like a bunch of hounds!" He exclaimed, I grinned knowing that my brothers actually gave a damn.
  "Are they still there?" I asked him.
"They left half an hour ago, why?"
He questioned me. I gulped.
  "Bobby, I have to ask you something... And you can't tell anyone else." I told him.
  "What is it girl?"
"I-I... I think something is inside of me. Not like a demon, or any type of possession in that case, but it was weird."
"What? How did it happen?"
  "Well I was walking on these train tracks, and I stopped near this open meadow for a break, and there was this one tree there, so I went to go see it... A-and then after I touched it I inhaled this weird blue smoke, sort of like the demon smoke, but it was bright blue and shiny..."
  There was a moment of silence.
"Bobby?" I asked into the telephone.
  "Y/n... I want you to tell me what I'm thinking." He said. I made a weird face.
  "What?" I asked him confusedly.
  "Tell me what I'm thinking!"
  He repeated insistently. Thoughts began to race in my head, until one finally popped as clear as the blue sky.
  "You think I'm and angel."vI flatly stated. I felt my heart pumping.
  "Idget... I don't know what you got yourself into here..." He murmured.
"Bobby I have to go." I said and hung up the phone quickly. What? I just wish everything could go back to normal. Before I knew demons and ghosts and all this shit existed. I wish to God that the thought of me being and... Angel... Was just some random thought and that it's not true. I'm done with all of this, done with demons, angels, the lies.
  I sat down in the middle of a train track and glanced forward to the train hurdling my way. It could all be over soon. It will be over soon.
  The train honked repeatedly as I sat in it's path, screeching arise as it attempted to stop. I closed my eyes as It got closer, only 100 feet away. I felt a tears roll down my cheeks. I want there to be another way out of this life other than death, but it seems this is the only solution.
  I squinted my eyes as the train was about to hit me, but then felt arms wrap around me and I found myself being pulled out of the way. I hit the ground with a hard thud and I watched as the train roared past me. There goes my ticket out of here.
  I looked up, and almost didn't believe it. It was Castiel. His trench coat draping over us as he was leaning over me, knocking me out of deaths way. I began to sob.
  "It was almost over..." I quivered as he pulled me into a hug and I buried my face in his shoulder. He held me close as we were on our knees, me crying on him in the middle of the train tracks. I hugged him tightly. I missed him so much... I was a little angry that he was gone all this time and didn't tell me, but more glad to have him back in my arms.
  "It's not your time yet y/n,
at least not in the prophecy."
  He whispered. I could feel his grasp grow tighter as he said that.
I pulled away and took deep breaths, I was hyperventilating from crying. My nose was runny and my eyes were red. There were dark marks on the shoulder of his trench coat from where I had been crying. He wiped away my stray tears with his thumb and looked into my eyes.
  "Cas... W-where have y-you been..."
I managed to get out as my breathing was constantly cut short by hiccup-like inhales. He looked down.
"I was being held captive. I broke away though, at a good time too it seems. You know I would never leave you willingly."
  He said. I was irritated with the thought of more people trying to break us up.
  "Why do you feel... Different?" He asked me. I knew right away he was talking about the whole 'Angel' theory.
  "Cas... I don't know if it's true, but I think something turned me into an angel." I told him. He made a questionable face.
  "Come again...Angel?"
  "It was this blue smoke..." I told him.
  "Grace?!" He asked me. This is what Alastair wanted! The grace in the tree...
  "Is that what it is?" I asked him. He placed to fingers on the side of my head.
  "Uh... I-uh, don't know how this can quite be possible, but yes. The weird thing is, this Grace has never been touched upon by another angel. This is pure, unused Grace..." He said.
  "I don't want it!" I quickly said. He looked at me in agreement.
  "I don't want you to have it, either..." He confessed.
  "But extracting Grace is a futile process... Painful. I think you should wait a little, let your body rest and keep it. Only for a few days." He told me. I nodded.
  "Can we go home...?" I asked him solemnly.
  "Yes..." He said. He pulled me into a hug and kissed my forehead, and within seconds we were at the motel, standing before Sam and Dean.
  "Y/n!" They both said, running towards me and hugging me like little girls with a puppy.
"Where the hell did you go? Both of you?!" Dean asked, and then referred the question to both of us.
  "Someone was trying to separate me... I broke free and found y/n."
  Cas answered for me. I looked at my feet.
  "Why would you just leave like that? You had us worried." Sam said to me.
  "Sorry...." Is all I had to say. Sam and Castiel went to talk while Dean pulled me outside. He first gave me another hug.
  "Kiddo you had me thinking you were dead out there." He exhaled in relief.
  "Well I'm not..."
  "Firstly, let's get things straight."
  Dean began, I looked up at him.
  "You've got something for Cas."
  He said. I felt my cheeks grow hot and my heart began palpitating.
"W-what?" I asked him, my voice shaky. He rolled his eyes.
  "Don't play dumb short-stuff, you like Cas!" He said louder.
  "Shh! God Dammit Dean fine! So what if I do?!" I whisper-yelled. He was grinning.
  "Dean don't go around telling the whole world, this is a you and me thing, ok?" I asked him.
  "Well... you me, and Cas thing..." I mumbled.
   "What, he knows?!" Dean asked like a giddy little kid.
  "Dean shush! Yes Cas knows I like him, alright?! Now shut up!" I demanded.
  "This is fantastic." He chuckled.
  "My sister is in love with an Angel." I grew embarrassed.
  "Dean... There is something else..." I began to tell him.
  "Is it more Cas gossip?"
  "What, no! Dean, I think I'm and angel..." I told him. He shut up for good.
  "Uhh, what?"
  "I touched a tree, which Bobby said was filled with Grace, and now it's in me... But it's not the Grace of another angel, it's like, new born." I threw at him.
  "Woah, woah, and woah... Slow down there sister, your meaning to tell me that you inhaled someones Grace?"
  He asked. "It's not someone else's Grace though, it's 'unused' says Cas."
  I told him. He took out his knife and cut his hand. I flinched as I watched.
  "Heal me." He said, reaching his hand out towards me.
  I tapped two fingers to his wound, and with the time frame of a finger snap there was no cut to be seen.
  "Well I'll be damned." He shook his head.
  "Wait, so you aren't...against it?"
  I asked him. He smiled.
  "Well I'm not necessarily for it, but I'm gonna have to accept it."
  He said to me. I raised an eyebrow at him.
  "I don't want to be an angel!" I whined.
  "Cas said he's going to help me get it out, but I have to stay like this for a few days." I explained to him.
  "Whatever makes you happy." He said. We joined Sam and Cas back inside. They thought it would be a good idea to head to Bobby's so he could see that I was alright. Sam and Dean started packing the car while Cas and I were inside.
  "So..." I said, bouncing on my heals.
"Y/n..." He started, I looked at him.
  "I believe I've felt enough human-like feelings to know what this is... And, I love you as well." He said sternly. I peered outside and noticed Dean smiling at me, I rolled my eyes.
  "So now what?" I asked. Castiel said nothing, but pulled me into a kiss. I missed the feeling of his lips. I understand it now. As long as I'm with Castiel, my life is worth living.