Chapter 2: First Blood

We were just about to leave the Warehouse when Sam grabbed his head in pain, like what happened to me with the thoughts.
He immediately ran around the corner of the room in the warehouse and shot at a person running.
   "Hey, what the hell?!" I shouted at him, about to run towards the person, but the Angel grabbed me by the collar of my shirt.
"Not so fast y/n, watch." He insisted, and all of a sudden a black smoke exhaled out of the dead man's mouth.
   I noticed Dean crouch down and smell a yellow-ish powder.
"Is that sulfur?" I asked as he rubbed the powder off of his fingers.
   "Ok, I would like to know what's happening."
  I asked them impatiently, brushing a stranded piece of hair off my face.
"Do you remember anything about dad?"
Dean asked me. My head began to pound once more as I remember a man, he was telling me something, whispering it in my ear:
"Holy water will hold them back, goodbye sweetheart."
  He whispers, kissing my cheek and handing me a small iron container with a cross and the letters 'J.W.' engraved into it. He then walks out if the building and a woman takes my hand.
   I look back at the boys, reaching into my back pocket and pulling out a container.
   "He gave me this one day."  I said to them. Dean shook his head and smiled.
"Man sure knows how to keep secrets"
Castiel looked around the room. He seemed uneasy.
"They know we are here, we have to get her to safety, she is too vulnerable out here."
He said in a gravely voice. I grabbed my backpack and we headed out of the warehouse to a black Impala. I knew the car was old but damn, it was in good shape.
   Bobby went to his own truck, and Sam and Dean were in front so I took the back. Castiel sat on the opposite side, which confused my brothers, I guess I can call them that now.

"Cas, why aren't you just blipping yourself over there?" Dean asked him. Castiel's expression didn't change.

"I'm here to protect the girl, not for you." He stated. This made me feel safe... I liked this over-protectiveness. Dean rolled his eyes and started driving behind Bobby.
I leaned up against the door and stretched my legs over Castiel. He looked over at me, raising an eyebrow, not angrily though.
"Yes?" He asked, looking down at my legs, which were on his lap, and then back up to my y/e/c eyes.
"What?" I smirked, putting my arms behind my head to comfort myself. He sighed and looked out the window.
"You Winchesters have no respect to personal space." He concluded. I chuckled as Dean looked back at me.
"Angel boy here usually ain't like this. What is it Cas, do you have some freaky angelic cru-"

"I advise you don't continue that sentence, Dean. Remember who it was that raised you from h".

  "Alright! You don't need to finish that sentence wonder boy your point is clear."  Dean urged. Sam laughed at his older brother, as I did. Sam suddenly placed a hand on his head and leaned against the car door, groaning. Dean stopped the car to check on him.

As Cas and Dean examined Sam, I decided to observe our surroundings, it was unsettling.
"Uh... guys? Who are they?"I asked, pointing out of the car to the misty distance where I noticed strange figures starting to surround the car. Castiel looked out to the area that I had directed.
"Can you guys handle this?" He asked Sam and Dean. They nodded.
"Were fine, get her out of here." Sam demanded as Dean and himself left the car, cocking back shotguns they had in the front seat. Castiel grabbed my arm and with the sound of fluttering wings we appeared outside of a strange house.
"But Sam and Dean!" I panicked, breathing heavily.
"We have to go save them, we can't ju-"
  My sentence was cut off by the angel grabbing me by the chin, bringing out eyes to meet. I could feel my heart beating even faster.
"They are fine on their own... They have done this many times before. You must not... and I repeat not try to save them when there are that many, understood?"
His blue eyes shot through my soul as I took in his words. I nodded, and he removed his hand from my chin, and looked over only to notice Bobby arriving. He exited his car and walked over to us.
"What did those damn idgits get themselves into this time?" He asked Castiel.
"Couple of demons. I brought y/n here, watch her, I'm gonna go check on them."
He demanded and swooshed away before giving either of us a chance to say otherwise. I looked over at Bobby and we shrugged at each other. We walked into the house which I took to be his, and I plopped my bag on a small side table, flopping myself face-first into the couch and groaned. Bobby laughed.
"You truly are like your brothers, girl."
I lifted my face off, allowing myself to reply.
"I've heard that a lot in the past two hours." I remarked, sinking my face back into the couch. I dozed off for a little bit, but awoke not even an hour later to the sounds of babbling men in the other room. I rubbed my eyes and ran my fingers through my hair as I opened a door supposedly leading to the kitchen. There I found Sam, Dean, Castiel, and Bobby, who all seemed to end their bickering at the sight of me.
"Well howdy there, sleeping beauty." Dean joked. I grinned sarcastically, taking a sip of the coffee that I still had from Mrs.Johnson this morning, although it was watered down from melted ice cubes.
  "And you guys were arguing because?" I asked them, attitude toned in my voice. Sam looked at Dean, nodded, and then looked back at me.

"Your being followed... Were trying to figure out by who and why..." He explained.

"Can't it just be cause she's a god damn Winchester?"
Bobby asked, I smirked and walked back to the living room.
  I was about to lay back down, but I heard a strange noise come from outside. I stood up cautiously and moved the curtain to peek outside. All of a sudden a hand grasped my shoulder, spinning me around. The person covered my mouth with their hand, and their eyes flicked quickly to a shade of all black. This person was unfamiliar to me, therefore I was about to let out a scream, but they then informed me without hesitation:
"Make a single peep and I'll snap your neck right here". I guess they though their words shook me, but it takes a lot more than a single person.. well, in this case, a monster to scare me, and I bit his hand hard enough to make him recoil.
"Eat me you filthy bastard!"
I managed to shout before I found myself with a knife up to my throat. Sam, Dean, and Bobby ran into the room.
"Don't touch her..." Sam tried to ease the demon. I heard it chuckle next to my ear.
'You really think I won't?" It mocked, moving the knife below my collar bone and cutting slightly into my chest. I grit my teeth.

"Son of a bitch!" I hissed and grabbed the demons arm, taking his knife in the process and stabbing it in the throat.

  I looked up panting and noticed Castiel, who was about to save me, but now stood with a face in shock of what I had just done.
  I brushed my hands off on my shirt and turned around to face everyone else.
"See, I can fight."  I chuckled. I then looked down at my 'battle wound'.
"Anyone have a band-aid?" I asked. Bobby looked at Castiel, and then Castiel at me. He gestured for me to come closer, so I did. He lowered the collar of my shirt to reveal the cut and placed to fingers on it. I was about to flinch in pain, but suddenly there was no cut at all. I raised an eyebrow at him.
"Perks of being an angel." He mentioned. I shrugged it off as the five of us went into the kitchen.
"Ok I'm hungry, and it's my first time in this kitchen, who wants food?"
  I announced, picking up a spatula. Before I even knew what Dean was thinking, I answered his question.
"Yes Dean, I can make pie."
Everyone agreed on the thought of dinner, and the rest of the night I cooked as we chatted away. I think I'm gonna like this whole 'family' thing.