Chapter 17

"Hello, sir. We're here to check your household." Eduardo was at the door, playing innocent. "Oh, why certainly." He had said and the Duchess winked from behind. Patryck led the three in, seeing two young men on the staircase. A blonde with a giant chin came down in a orchid suit, shinging in the light. He came along with a brunette with small beady eyes in a arctic suit, that showed off inoccence. Paul eyed the two, but he motioned more towards the arctic one fidgeting a bit. Mark took notice of this, "Don't mind my brother. He just gets nervous when guests come over." The blonde had told them. Patryck had nodded in understanding, and the men walked fully down the stairs. "Gentlemen, do you mind if we give you some questions?" They had asked.  "Not a problem." Eduardo said, leading them to their best room. On the stairs were light scrufflings, the scruffles came from Matt's feet as he trued to run back up. Matt jumped into the hole in a wall and climbed the wooden paneling on the side, his claws digging deep to keep his balance. Tom was sitting in his room, singing to himself. He didn't know who was at the door, nor did he care. Matt squeaked towards the others, they tried to tell Tom who has come. Tom ignored the small mice on the floor, he started to swerve around and dance as memories of the Ball flooded his head. Words escaped his lips with a sweet melody, Tom danced to sound of music hitting his ear drums.

Wise men say only fools rush in, but I can't help falling in love with you.

"Alright, are we going to start or what?" Mark said over excited.  Patryck immediately shook his head as if to say this can't be him, but the interrogation started.

Shall I stay, would it be a sin...

Eduardo spoke with the Duchess, two guards were posted at the door. The Duchess and Eduardo ended up flirting for a bit, thinking no one heard.

If I can't help, falling in love with you.

Jon glared as his father talked to another woman. 'What on earth is he thinking?'

Like a river flows, shirley to the sea. Daring so it goes, some things are meant to be.

The questioning between the boy shad ended and the guards were standing at the door. "Hope you three have a good day." Paul tipped his hat.

Take my hand, take my whole life too.

Matt was jumping up and down, he aimed for the windows lock. The other mice pushed it opened, Tom sat at the chair near it.

For I can't help falling in love with you.

Eduardo was just closing the door when they all heard the sweet voice, mixing with the wind. Paul looked back at the door.

Like a river flows, shirley to the sea.

Eduardo was looking down, closing the door. Hoping to get no attention. "Excuse me, sir. Are you sure we checked everyone in the house?"

Darling, so it goes some things are meant to be

Paul eyed him and Eduardo looked at the Duchess, "no."
"Let's go, Paul." The duchess said, trying to walk away. "He's clearly lying, mistress. Can't you hear singing?" Patryck block her path. "Singing?" The duchess laughed, showing none of her nervous emotion. "I can't hear a thing, but your blabbering."
"Just listen!" Paul ordered her and she glared at him. Her look said it all.

Just then one of the guards by the door took of their helmet and cape. "Oh dear mistress." his accent spoke strongly. Paul, Patryck, and the Duchess bowed. Eduardo slowly went down behind the door. "Y-your highness. I-i had no idea." Tord walked towards her and smirked, "Of course, you didn't." He then faced the man, slowly closing this door. "Please. Produce the one singing that sweet melody."