Chapter 13

"The nerve!" Mark shierked walking through the door. "Why did have to start raining?" Jon said, wit disappointment in his voice. "Welcome home!" Tom greeted his stepfamily. "You're quite cheerful." Jon questioned his stepbrother. "I took a nice stroll while it drizzled, wakes you right up." Tom said with a smile. Mark scoffed, "Whatever. Put some tea on and get me some lotion. My feet ache from that ball." Tom did as told and got startecdon the tea. "So how was it?" he asked. Eduardo spoke, "Well, it was quite a ball."
"We were the best looking people there. It's like no one even knee what to wear, except for the prince of course."  Jon had stated. "He and some other royalty would have noticed us if it wasn't for the mystery prince." Mark scoffed. "Mystery Prince?" Tom had asked while giving them their tea. "Yeah, this strange man in a royal blue suit. He completely stood out since everyone else had black."
"He and the prince's and crowd's attention. No one noticed anyone but him and the prince." Jon had said. Tom was turned to the kitchen wall the tune of music that was played while he danced. His hips seemed to sway a bit, Eduardo kept an eye on Tom through this. "Now, now boys that mystery man did run afterall." He had spoke and Tom stopped, his eyes widening. "Oh, that's right. The prince must have been nasty to him." Mark said with a laugh and Jon joined him. "Honestly, if he was looking for a man. Why did he even invite princesses?" Jon had asked sarcastically. "It's like he didn't even want a woman in his life or even an heir to the throne." Mark scoffed more, and Jon remarked, "What are we to complain?" Which made his brother laugh. Tom was smiling, cleaning the dishes, listening to his stepbrothers laugh and talk about his prince. Eduardo took notice in Tom's movements, "Now let's not get ahead of ourselves boys." Tom turned around to face them. "The prince was already promised to wed the princess of Italy. Our kingdoms might just be united." Tom felt his chest ache and fall. Jon was the first to speak, "But that isn't fair."
"Why even have a ball, if you already chosen?" Mark questioned with a look of anger on him. Tom brought himself together and turned around, "Well, he's blind for not noticing you guys." He said, taking their cups. "Yeah, you're right." Jon said. "We shouldn't even think of him." Mark said, a grin appeared on his face. Eduardo kept staring at the man in the torn black suit, humming to himself. 'Something's definitely off.' Eduardo had thought to himself. Tom yawned and asked if they needed anything else. "No." Jon and Mark had groaned together, walking up the stairs. Eduardo had gone to bed with them, so Tom went back to the kitchen and opened the sugar jar. Inside was his folded royal blue coat. 'Someday, we'll see each other again.' Tom had thought to himself, holding the coat close to himself and ran up to his bedroom.

In Tom's bedroom, he had lifted up a floor board. Underneath it was Tomee bear, a book of songs his mother used to sing to him, and now the folded coat form the best night of his life. He soon sung himself and his mice friends to sleep, to dream of what may happen next.