Chapter 11

~Flashbacks~
Tord, a young dashing 6 year-old princ, was doing his fencing lessons in case of any duels in the future. Tord tripped and had lost the fake match. "Tord, you need to be more vigilant if you're ever going to rule this kingdom." The king bad yelled at his son for the third time that day. "Father, I will get it right. I just need more time and I-"
"Time. TIME?! We don't have any time. What if I was gone tomorrow and the kingdom was handing to the little runt you are? Do you want our kingdom to crumble in YOUR hands?" Tord stared at his father in fear, ever since the queen had died, the king has done nothing but tire and yell at his son. "Go to your room!" Tord did, he ran to his room, tears falling on his cheeks. He cried into his pillow, although he could still hear his father's yells throughout that big castle. 'Does father not love me anymore?' He questioned himself. When Tord couldn't take anymore yelling, he opened his window and climbed out, down into the royal garden. He ran, yells ringing in his ears, past the creek and even the royal barring, which his parents told him to never cross. He jumped over and ran deeper into the small forest behind the castle, until he tripped on something. Tord looked up to see cobblestone with a symbol on it. As he inspected it, the more it looked like his family crest. Tord looked up to see crumbling walls and torn tapastries, statues and armor. Tord walked around, finding treasures and clues of the past. Tord has done this everyday, to get away from his father's yelling. He even showed to his closest friends, Paul and Patryck his small "sanctuary." Paul and Patryck were training for royal guardsmen at the time, so they help trained Tord in dueling. Through all those adventures and lessons with each other. Tord claimed the place as his and his friends'.

"So that's how it was. After my mom was gone, this was the only I found excitement and joy." Tord finished his flashback and story. Tom just stared in awe and disbelief. "I'm so sorry."
"Don't be. We all have a new beginning to every end." Tord spoke in a gentle voice. Tom's stomach fluttered and his cheeks were dusted with pink. "That's real sweet. I'm sure your mother is watching with a smile one her face." This time Tord's face had dusted and he felt himself getting nervous. The moon lit up the place, making the stones glow and the stream glimmer. Tord lead Tom to the he assumed was the center of it all. There was an oak tree, spreading out it's branches. It gave Tom a short of welcoming feeling and a smile spread across his face all over again. Tord chuckled letting Tom sit the handmade swing and giving him light pushes. "Tell me about you. Your family, your home, your childhood." And Tom gulped, starting to sweat. "My family isn't very whole anymore..." Tord slightly gasped, while giving Tom a small push. "I'm sorry."
"No, it's ok. Not very different from what you went through." Tom reassured him. "I guess we aren't too different, huh?" Tord said, putting a hand on Tom's shoulder. Tom held the hand and their faces reddened. Tom shifted his body around until their faces were a foot apart. Tord leaned in, just inches away from Tom's face. Their eyes fluttered shut, and their faces heated until...DING! DING!

The sound of the clock tower rang throughout the kingdom. Tom shot his head out, he threw his hand to his forehead. "I-i have to go."
"But you just got here."
"Believe, I had the best night of my life. But I have to go."
"Why must you leave?"
"It's just... Lizards and pumpkins." Tom said before running out, back to the castle. Tord sat on the swing for a moment, reconciling what just happened. "Lizards and pumpkins..." He chuckled and ran after the mysterious man.