Chapter 10

They danced through the music and ended up, feeling like they were the only ones there. Memories flooded Tom's mind of when he used to dance or make music with his parents as a child, he ended up spinning Tord around. Getting a smile from the deviled man, he got spun around as well. They chuckled and smiled on the ballroom floor. Everyone, including the king, watched in awe at the prince and the other man dancing. They seemed to be in zinc with the music that it was like they were the only ones there. Eduardo had enough of it, if the prince was going to dance with men then he might as well get his sons out there. As the song was ending and a new one was coming on, Eduardo poked two girls in front of them and this boys said in unison "May I have this dance?" They chatted a bit with the girls while dancing, keeping their eyes on the prince or trying to. Tord and the man were blushing madly, and scratching the back of their heads. Tord grabbed Tom's hand once more and pulled him into another room. Where no one would bother them.

As the doors closed behind them, Tom blurted out "You're the prince?!" Tord chuckled and looked towards the spikey haired man. "What gave it away?" Tom laughed along with Tord, realizing his question. "I should have known you were something special." He said, sounding disappointed. Tord noticed this and took Tom's hand, "There's something I want to show you." he whispered. Tom just nodded and followed the prince outside of the castle. The duchess watched them from one of the balconies, and Paul came standing beside her. "Look at him; he's not even picking his bride." The duchess glared at the two. "I think he already has." Paul smirked under his breath. "No matter, I already promised him to the princess of Italy." The Duchess stated proudly. Paul's eyes widen and he look at the duke in shock, Patryck gasped as he was passing by, nearly hitting another man. That man was Eduardo, easedropping on the conversation of the royal duchess and guardsman. "O-oh, I'm so sorry Sir." Patryck said, helping Eduardo to his feet after bumping into him. "You should be." Eduardo growled under his breath, causing Pat to wince a bit. "I'm sorry for intruding." Eduardo bowed to the duchess. "No, it's my fault. I was just about to leave." Eduardo stopped her, "Your secret is safe with me." She looked at him hesitantly and then turned for her work. Eduardo looked at the other guardsman and gave him a dirty look. Paul looked to Patryck, who was just standing at the doorway. Paul walked past Eduardo, grabbing Pat's hand and towards another window, away from people.

Down, past the royal and some of the royal barring. Tord was holding his hands over the black orbs Tom called eyes. "We're almost there just a little bit closer." Tom had crossed his arms, "We've been walking for awhile now, Tord." Tord chuckled, causing Tom to as well, and suddenly, light was brought to Tom's eyes. What he say was an abandoned and crumbled, old walls with ivy and somd wild flowers growing all over it. It had statues with cracks in them and some were broken in half, there were designs in many parts of the walls that were either covered in ivy or broken. "I used to come here an adventure all the time when I was a child." Tord said, he sighed with a bit of disappointment. Tom noticed this and asked "What's wrong?" Slowly, turning to the man Tord smiled sadly. "Well, this was more of my secret place and sanctuary." Tom nodded, understanding the need for sanctuary but this was the prince. "Sanctuary..?"
"It was all so long ago..."