Chapter 5

Tord was inside his castle's walls, talking to his father of his future marriage. "Father, I can't just marry someone I've known for, well... Not even a day. What if I don't love them?" Tord protested against his father. "Her. You mean, what if you don't love her." The King exclaimed. "Our kingdom needs to be certain of an heir to the throne; One of royal blood." His son scoffed, "But I want to marry for love, someone I can work well with." 
"Oh that's right. You've taken a liking with the country boy you met in the woods." Tord froze at his father's words and the boy's face turned to a light red. All Tord could think about were those interesting and beautiful black eyes. "Tord, you have to marry royalty. Not only that, but a princess."  And his heart ached. 'But I have to see him again.' Our young prince thought to himself, and a light shone in his head. "Well, father. That may be your opinion, but I would like to choose a bride of my own." The king looked up from his throne. "What are you proposing my boy?"
"That we invite the whole kingdom to the ball, not just royalty. There will be many more options through that way." The king almost fell off his seat at the sound of this, but if it was the only thing that will help his son choose a bride, he saw no means against it. "Very well. The whole kingdom shall come." Tord's smile went from ear to ear as his father accepted his first royal proposition. "Send invites and proclaim it to the whole kingdom." They ordered the guardsmen and waited.

The next day down at the market place, the very man that our King was talking about, was buying more fruits and meats. "Here ye, Here ye!" Called the Duke in a uniform, with a pale yellow over cloak. Tom looked up from the stand as he threw five bronze coins to the farmer. "His royal majesty has decided to invite the whole kingdom to tomorrow's ball in picking the prince's next wife!" Tom's heart skipped a beat and he felt himself smile. 'A royal ball? We get to go to a royal ball!' With that thought in mind, Tom didn't even finish his shopping. He took his horse and galloped all the way home. "Jon! Mark! Eduardo!!" Tom yelled as he bursted in, realizing it was the boys' practice time. Although, they weren't very skilled with their musical instruments. "This better be good, since you decided to interrupt practice." Eduardo growled under his breath. "U-uh. They declared in the market that everyone in the Kingdom was i-invited-"

"Invited?" Jon interrupted Tom. "Invited to what?" Mark came in. Tom stood there, feeling nervous with both their faces in his. "Well, spit it out!" Eduardo had said. "To the royal ball tomorrow evening!" Tom said, a little too fast out of his nerves. The looks on their faces was pure shock; their eyes wide and mouths slightly opened. Silence filled the home, which was odd since the three were used to yelling all the time. "G-guys?" Tom broke it, like a twig and the other three stared at him. "Are...are you serious?" Jon asked, he started to blush a light pink. Tom nodded, and the others smiled with glee and started celebrating. "We get to meet royalty." Jon exclaimed. "Maybe dance with some princesses!" Mark was actually agreeing with his brother. "Or some princes." Jon whispered, inaudible for the others to hear. "Now boys, calm down. We'll have to get ready for it." Eduardo tried to calm them. "And I can go too!" Tom said, and the others turned towards him. "What?"
"They declared that everyone in the kingdom was invited. That means me too." Tom proclaimed. The two other boys looked to their father and he sighed. "Very well, you may go to the ball. IF you get all your chores done." Eduardo said and the other two gasped and Tom's smile grew wider and wider. "Of course! I will sir?" Tom yelled running down the hall to get to work. "Father, do you even know what you just said?" Mark questioned. "Yes, I said if" Eduardo answered. "Oh, if." His boys mimicked with devious smiles.