She sits down next to me then I grab her hand getting a closer look. "Marcel out here putting somebodies mortgage on your finger," I say letting go of her hand. "Congratulations," I say looking over at her as she smiles. I had no idea how many months Matika is pregnant now, but her belly is pretty big and her face is chubby. Seeing her belly kind of made me miss mine. Unlike some women I had a pretty decent pregnancy.

"Thanks," she says smiling even harder making her dimples show.

"I'm gonna be honest, when I realized you were Zay's ex I was a little iffy of you. I was a little concerned for Marcel. I thought you just wanted him for his money, but I see it's not that seeing as you work. You could easily try to kick your feet up, relax and use him, but you don't. Even though Marcel is too cheap to let that happen."

She chuckles then says, "I've heard that a million times. Even if I tried to use Marcel for his money it wouldn't happen. The man still uses coupons for crying out loud." We both laugh then she continues, "I'm with him for him. I have a career that I love despite it not bringing in the most money in the world. I just wanna help people through social work and my charity. I just so happen to be dating a rapper who's pretty successful and I also just so happen to be decent looking. People act as if he wouldn't have been able to pull me without money. I was with him before he really popped off. We just didn't display our relationship like that. People don't know the full story. Ya know?"

"I understand. Just looking out for my friend. I was surprised he pulled you though, but I get it. People be sleep on the not so fine dudes with the great personalities."

"My baby is cute in his own special way," she says lightly hitting my arm as I laugh.

I sip my drink then say, "If you say so. He is special looking." She cuts her eyes at me as we bust out laughing. "I'm just kidding. But I have a question...Do you think he only proposed because you're pregnant? Not saying he did, just curious."

"I did at first. I was so happy in the moment that I said yes then later on I started questioning it. I told him that he didn't have to propose just because we're having a baby and he reassured me that's wasn't the reason. That he actually wants to get married because he wants to. So, now I'm starting to plan the wedding. It'll be something small. After I drop this baby of course."

"Of course. Having a little baby girl, so Jodie can have someone to play with. Have you and Marcel picked a name yet?" I ask.

"Nope, still arguing about it. Then on top of that he keeps leaving to do all these overseas shows. You know the white people love his music?"

"Isn't that crazy? This foo talking about gang banging and busting guns using the word nigga and those white kids know every word."

"But that's how it goes. The white people are the one's spending all their money on concert tickets, backstage passes, meet and greets, and merch."

"True. That's why Joey says he's gonna start doing free concerts in Long Beach for the less fortunate if he can get a permit from the city. But Long Beach don't give anybody permits. Not even to shoot music videos."

"You don't have to tell me. Unless it has something to do with politics, charities or rich people they're not goin' for it. I've been trying to get permits for Marcel to throw events for the longest. I'll get a permit for my event faster than his. It's crazy, don't wanna help their own people." She shakes her head then says, "How are you handling Joey being on tour?"

"I'm handling. It just pisses me off when he doesn't call or text me back."

"He's working. That something my crazy ass had to get used to. I would go off on Marcel in a hot minute looking like a mad woman. Trust me, I know."