Epilogue

The goal is to feed the family. If you hating on or taking from anyone trying to do that, you evil. Cutthroat is the next big thing. Remember this...
-Joey Fatts

• New Legends •

• New Legends •

10 years later...

Dyme
Long Beach, CA.

I walk into the living room shaking my head at how dirty it is

I walk into the living room shaking my head at how dirty it is. I snatch up the pillows that are on the floor putting them back on the couch where it's supposed to be. I pick up the large pair of Jordan's on the floor knowing their Stevie's. "These damn kids," I mumble to myself in frustration.

When I hear the front door open I waste no time making my way towards it to see Stevie trying to come in quietly. "Where in the hell have you been at?!" I ask as he shuts the front door behind him. He has on a pair of jeans with a Surpreme shirt and Jordan's to match it. His Louis Vuitton backpack hangs off of his left shoulder as he looks at me like a deer caught in headlights. "School was out two hours ago," I add while he thinks of a lie.

"I went to go get something to eat with my friends," he finally says.

"What is that in your mouth?" I ask grabbing his face turning it towards me.

He smiles with his cheeks still in my hands saying, "It's just a grill, Ma."

I roll my eyes releasing his face saying, "Take that shit out. It looks stupid." He smacks his lips, but does what I say as I push his shoes into his hands. At fifteen, Stevie, stood at a surprising 6 feet and probably still growing with a wiry frame. He definitely didn't get his height or build from his father. He was light skin like me with curly hair that he always kept cut pretty low. "What did I tell you about leaving your shoes laying around? One of these days, I'ma sell all of them."

"My fault," he says scratching his head as I give him a look. "I mean, I apologize."

"Go get your stuff ready. Your Dad will be here to pick y'all up soon," I say beginning to walk away from him.