°o. Mini Barnes ~ Bucky Barnes .o°

Civil War Bucky Barnes ~ Marvel Cinematic Universe

Requested by: @Son_Gorin

Prompt:
Captain America is surprised to find what he does at his old friend's apartment.

Warning: Angst (?) idk

Background Info:
So, here...

AN: I plan this to be a little mini-series BUT I have a lot of imagines planned out

AN: I plan this to be a little mini-series BUT I have a lot of imagines planned out... that I probably won't do... Also, let's pretend that there is actually a small room that goes off of the kitchen (maybe it was supposed to be a big pantry or somethin') where they have Kate's room.

*•*•*•

Bucharest, Romania

"Come on, Kate, we gotta head to the market." Bucky commands as he walks into his daughter's small room. His heart melts when he sees his little girl still curled up in her 'bed' with her little white bunny stuffed animal she got years ago. He rushes over to where she is lying and kneels down beside her.

"Papa." She mumbles, a blanket and one of her father's jackets covering half of her face.

"What's wrong, sweetheart?" He pushes a strand of her dark brown hair behind her ear.

"I don't feel so good." She frowns, curling her small hand around his wrist. "I think it was the milk Ma used in the mashed potatoes last night." She scrunches up her little nose for emphasis.

"Are you sure? We were fi--" Bucky cuts himself off when he realizes something. "You're lactose intolerant." He sighs.

"I'm what?" She furrows his eyebrows, totally baffled by whatever he just said.

"Lactose intolerant." He repeats, smiling slightly at how cute her confused face looks. "It means you can't eat or drink dairy products... my sister was that also so it would explain where you got it from."

"So I can't eat ice cream?!" Kate exclaims.

"You can't eat ice cream." He chuckles when she crosses her arms and pouts out her bottom lip. "I'm sorry, hun'."

"It's fine, Papa." Her face quickly turns up into a smile. "It's out of your control. I don't blame you."

Bucky's heart breaks a bit at his daughter's sweet innocence.

"Good." He places his hand on the side of her face and leans down to peck her forehead. "Are you well enough to come to the market with me or do ya wanna stay here and sleep in?"

"Sleep in." She immediately responds.

"You sure?" He questions. "I know how much you love talking to the people there."

"I'm sure, my stomach hurts too much." She explains.

"Alright." He nods, standing up and walking toward the door. "Want me to bring you back anything?" He turns around and leans against the door frame.

"Plums, some crayons, and a new coloring book, please." She requests.

"Princess one?"

"No, superhero one with some of those number problems." She crosses her arms, her bunny's ear smacking her in the face. "You and Ma always get me the little princess ones that don't challenge me... it's unfair." She pouts, a playful glint in her eye none the less.

"Sorry, sorry." Bucky raises his hands up in defense. "I'll be back in thirty minutes, tops."

"Alright, Papa." She nods then rolls onto her side to go back to sleep. "I love you."

"I love you, too." He smiles at his little pride and joy as she slowly dozes off. Once he feels content enough, he goes to grab his backpack and head out to the market.

Few Minutes Later

Kate stirs in her sleep, feeling something change in her environment. The six-year-old slowly opens her eyes while sitting up on her elbows, letting her stuffed bunny fall to her side. She calms her breath, trying to focus on her surroundings.

She can barely hear the light footsteps that sounded from the next room. She hears a hum off a deep voice coming off an ear piece. Kate slowly crawls off the mattress, her stuffed bunny close by.

She opens the pantry door only slightly to see a big figure dressed in all blue walking toward the fridge, his boots thumping against the wooden floor. She sees the shield and her breath hitches but she is overall confused.

What makes her even more confused is when he starts talking into his hand.

"Excuse me, sir." Kate pushes the door open entirely causing the Captain's head to snap her way. His lips part while his eyes widen as she looks down at the small brunette, immediately recognizing the eyes.

"Are you looking for my Papa?" She asks, clutching her stuffed bunny to her chest.

"Your wha--" He gets cut off by the little girl.

"Papa!" She exclaims, running past him and over to the other soldier in the room. Steve turns to see the girl cling onto his old best friend's leg.

"Who are you?" Bucky demands, his gloved metal arm putting his daughter behind him. Cap notices his protective stance and furrows his eyebrows, not knowing about this part of his life at all. "Who are you and why are you here?" He repeats in a louder voice.

"You know me." Steve snaps his focus back.

"You're--"

"You're Captain America." Kate mumbles, Bucky nudges her a bit to signal her to shut up. "Sorry."

"We..." He clears his throat, going back to his serious tone. "I read about you in a museum."

Steve shakes his head as he lets out a disappointed breath.

"I know you're nervous and you have plenty of reason to be." He sets the notebook on the kitchen counter and takes a few steps towards the pair. "But you're lying."

"I wasn't in Vienna." He admits. "I don't do that anymore." He shakes his head. Steve's gaze licks down to the child hanging on his leg and doesn't question the statement. He takes a gulp and directs his focus to the door that leads to a balcony outside the kitchen.

"The people who think you did are coming here now." Cap informs. "And they're not planning on taking you alive."

"What?" Kate looks up at her father, her blue eyes glistening. "Papa." She chokes out, Bucky gulps and kneels down to his daughter level. "What does he mean 'not planning on taking you alive'?" Her bottom lip starts quivering.

"Nothing, sweetheart." He lies.

"You're lying." She says.

"Yeah, I totally am." He lets out a breath. "But I'm going to need you to go in the bathroom and hide in the tub, alright?" She nods, tears streaming down her face. "Don't come out until the coast is clear, okay?"

"Okay, Papa." She nods again.

"Good, now go get your backpack and head in there." He presses a kiss to her forehead sending her to run off to her room to get said item.

"This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck." Steve points out.

"It always ends in a fight." He clenches his jaw.