°o. Transportfalcon ~ Bucky Barnes .o°

Civil War Bucky Barnes ~ Marvel Cinematic Universe

Originally Requested by: @Son_Gorin

*Part 2 to Mini Barnes*

Prompt:
Captain America is surprised to find what he does at his old friend's apartment.

Warning: Angst-ish

Background Info:
So, here...

Background Info:So, here

*•*•*•

Kate rocks back and forth in the tub as she waits for her father to come back. She has heard muffled gunshots and things (or people) being thrown against the wall. The noises have died down over the time but she sits there with her hands over her ears, eyes squeezed shut, and her knees up to her chest, waiting.

And as much Kate loves and trusts her father, she fears that he won't come back. Or rather, he's not able to come back. But those thoughts get shot from her head when a gloved hand smacks the lip on the bathtub.

Kate's breathing quickens and she jumps away from the edge of the bath. She clutches her bunny to her chest as she feels tears build up in her eyes again.

"Hey, hey, calm down." The unfamiliar voices coos, squatting down so he's even with the little girl's height. "I'm not going to hurt you, I'm a friend of... your dad's friend." An awkward smile comes onto his face.

"How can... how can I trust you?" She stutters, hiding behind her stuffed animal.

"Take one look at me and say you can't trust me, kid." She can hear the smile and sincerity in his voice. Kate hesitates but she finally peeks her head behind her bunny. Her eyes widened seeing the superhero she does.

"Falcon?" She questions, a feeling of excitement light up in her stomach.

"That's what they call me." He sends her a toothy smile making her relax a bit more. "Now, why don't I take you to your dad?" She nods and slowly stands up as well as Sam does.

Sam carefully lifts her out of the tub and sets her on the floor. But when he goes to grab her hand, she jerks away.

"Wait!" Kate exclaims, closing off again.

"Hm?"

"How do I know you're not one of the guys after my Papa?" She demands, he shakes his head while chuckling.

"Your parents taught you well, kid." He pulls a phone out of pocket while resuming a squatting position in front of the young brunette. She watches in confusion as he taps the screen. "Here's a picture--" He turns his phone around so she can see the screen. Once she does her eyes widen.

"--of your father with Captain America

"--of your father with Captain America." He informs then swipes left. "and here is me with Captain America." He proudly shows, her jaw drops slightly.

"Can you go back?" Kate quietly asks, he nods and swipes the picture back to the one of young WWII soldiers

"Can you go back?" Kate quietly asks, he nods and swipes the picture back to the one of young WWII soldiers. She stares at the picture with awe in her eyes.

"My Papa knew Captain America?" She finally looks back up at him, eyes pouring into his own.

"Yes." He nods. "Way back when, your father and him were best friends. Could never keep them apart. If Buck was around, Steve was sure in the area somewhere... Until the war of course."

"What happened?" She questions, only knowing a few things about her parent's upbringings because of her young age.

"Uh..." Sam hesitates to go on since he knows it's not his place to tell her. "Let's just say they grew apart for a long time."

"Oh."

"Yeah." He nods, awkward silence following soon after while she continues to stare at the picture. "We should probably go meet up with your dad and Cap now, huh?" He slides the phone back into one of his many pockets and buttons it safe.

"Yes." Kate nods.

"Great." Sam smiles, standing up straight. "Hop on."

Nice Bird Ride Later
Highway Scene

"Shit." Falcon swears as he sees a grey armored suit fly into a hole leading to another ramp.

"Is that Iron Man?" Kate excitedly questions from her spot (very securely) strapped to his chest.

"God, I hope not." He lets out a breath before diving down.

*•*•*•

"Congratulations, Cap." War Machine holds his repulsors toward the two super soldiers and King of Wakanda. "You're a criminal." You can hear the disappointment and anger in his voice.

But everyone's attentions snap to the winged superhero, well now criminal, as he touches down nearby. His eye widened at the scene around him. He takes a glance around everyone but his eyes get caught with the former assassin's.

"Put me down." Kate demands in a quiet voice. Sam slowly reaches up to press the button to unlatch her but is stopped.

"Stand down, Wilson." Rhodey warns.

"I'm just puttin' her down." He scoffs, holding his hands up. "Can I do that?"

"Yeah, can he do that?" Kate repeats with a slightly mocking tone. Sam bites back a laugh while Bucky narrows her eyes at her in a scolding manner.

"Go ahead." Rhodey sighs.

"Thank you." He pressed the button and the baby carrier-like attachment falls back into his suit, camouflaging in. Kate gracefully lands and runs towards her father. "No, kid." He tries to reach for her but fails since she is too quick.

Kate sprints over to her father, everyone watching in awe as he squats down and opens his arms to her. The last thing people would expect is that the Winter Soldier would have a daughter. The small brunette wraps her arms around him in a hug.

"Shit, he has a daughter?" Rhodey facepalms, the sound of metal hitting metal snaps Bucky back and he releases the hug.

Kate frowns but none the less accepts it. Even though she is young, she knows the situation just by the stuff her parents prepared her for and by the stone look (that seemed to relax but return) on her father's face. She happily settles with grasping onto her father's hand and hiding slightly behind him.