Chapter 28

"Jasmine!" Remus called, jogging after her as she scanned the joke shop, grabbing a few sugar quills and dungbombs on her way, looking for nose-biting teacups. "Yes?" Jasmine smiled as she grabbed a couple nose-biting teacups and set them upon the counter, doing a quick calculation and handing the accurate sum of money a moment before the lady behind the counter could say the amount.

"Thank you!" Jasmine smiled again and walked out of the shop with Remus behind her. "No, Jasmine. Seriously. Can we go to the Three Broomsticks?" He asked, throwing Jasmine puppy eyes to which they both knew she couldn't resist. She tried for a frown but ended up with a wide grin. "Remus Lupin! Honestly. Don't do that on me." She begged, groaning. Remus smirked, "Then agree." He told her. "I hate you." Jasmine muttered but changed courses so she was heading towards the pub. Grinning, Remus followed her.

"Why d'you want to come here?" Jasmine asked as Remus came back to the table with two butter beers in his hands. They were seated in a dark corner and Jasmine was wondering why Remus chose this table when there were other tables in more lit-up areas. "Hush." Remus spoke, a smirk could be heard in his voice as he jerked his head towards a couple cuddling in front of them.

It was Hazel and Sirius.

"You're spying on them?" Jasmine asked, the incredulousy in her voice so ridiculously obvious she laughed at herself. The corner of Remus' mouth pulled into a smirk as he nodded, moving closer to Jasmine. After 2 minutes of eyeing their friends and silence between the two, Jasmine couldn't help but blurt out, "Spying on them isn't your only idea."

A blush was evident on Remus' cheeks as chose to sip his butter beer instead of replying. Jasmine ignored his shyness and moved her chair quietly so she could sit closer to her boyfriend. "That's a coincident, isn't it?" She whispered close to his ear, sending shivers down the male werewolf's spine. Remus turned even redder as he fumbled for words.

"I-uhh-umm..." Remus spluttered as he searched for the words but no full sentence could be formed. Jasmine laughed as she pulled away and Remus glowered at her lightly. "I'm glad my nervousness is bringing you joy." He grumbled. "As for those two, no, it's not a coincident because Padfoot actually told me his plan for the whole day. He said, and I quote, 'Oh my Merlin. Moony, you just have to help me!'. He was so bloody nervous about this I agreed to hear him out. So, are you done yet?" Remus asked, turning to Jasmine, abruptly changing the subject.

Jasmine rolled her eyes and nodded before putting out one hand to stop Remus from getting up. "Wait." She hissed. She leaned back into her seat as Remus sat down again. She glanced at the two in front of them, a bemused look flittered across her face as Sirius leaned in and kissed Hazel passionately. Remus raised an eyebrow at her but didn't comment. The two broke apart and Jasmine smirked, "Hazel." She hissed. Hazel whipped over and her face turned red as fast as forest fire.

Sirius turned around in his seat to see Jasmine and Remus. His cheeks were dusted pink as he shot Remus a glare. "Stalker." He muttered. Remus' grin widened. "Aww... Is someone regretting that he came to me for help?" Remus cooed. "Go away, Moony." Sirius muttered again. Jasmine's smirk grew bigger as she also spotted Hazel glaring daggers at her. "Come on, Rem. We know we're not wanted here." Jasmine told Remus, smiling innocently as she dragged Remus to the counter with Sirius and Hazel shooting them dirty looks.

Jasmine reached into her purse to pay but Remus stopped her. "Jas, put that away. You're not going to need it." Remus told her.

"In other words, you're paying. No, Rem, that's not going to happen while I'm here." Jasmine huffed as she singlehandedly opened her purse. Remus got there faster. He put the coins on the counter quicker than Jasmine for a millisecond and Madam Rosemarta accepted the Galleons. Jasmine gave Remus a sharp, pointed look to which he just grinned at.

"I haven't seen a boyfriend pay for his girlfriend since ages ago. You're the first in a long time." Madam Rosemarta commented from behind the counter as she handed Remus the change. The duo blushed and thanked Rosemarta before scurrying out of the bar.

"Remus Lupin, I swear. If you don't tell me how much I owe you-" Jasmine glared at him. They were sitting beside each other in the Marauders' dorm. No one was back yet and the room was unusually quite. A laugh was heard as Remus quickly pressed a kiss to Jasmine's forehead. "Calm down, Jas." He chuckled. "If you're really that desperate then the most I can do is to let you pay for the next one." Remus grinned. Jasmine rolled her eyes but tiptoed so she could kiss Remus on the lips.

There was an immediate response as Remus kissed back, smiling softly into the kiss as his hand dug into Jasmine's hair, his hand tangled with her hair is seconds. Jasmine smirked slightly as she recognised Remus' flustered reaction from her kiss, her right hand running through his- annoyingly soft- hair and her left hand holding him close. When they broke apart for a little air, Remus waved his hand in the direction of the door. A soft click sounded as Jasmine looked at Remus. "What did you do now?" She asked. "I locked the door." Remus replied with a shrug. "Non-verbally?" Jasmine asked, incredulousy laced through her words. Remus smirked.

"Oh no. What do you want now, Lupin?" She groaned, pretending to be annoyed and frightened of the action.

Remus gave Jasmine a half smile. He leaned in forwards and quickly captured her lips.