Chapter 1

Jasmine Cooper was a transfer student from Beauxbatons to Hogwarts. Her father had just gotten a new job over in England and her family had moved from France to England. Now, Jasmine was pulling her trunk into the train that had just arrived at platform 9 3/4. "Bye Mom, Dad!" She yelled at her parents. "Bye sweetie!" her mom yelled back. Jasmine groaned inwardly. Her mom could be so embarrassing sometimes. Luging her trunk, she looked for a compartment to finish the book she was reading.

Finally! A free spot. Four boys were sitting together with two girls but Jasmine didn't bother to look up. She just plonked down and continued reading. She didn't notice that the six had crept up on her and the boy with curly black hair yelled, "BOO!" Startled, Cooper dropped her book. "Hey!" She yelled up in indignation. "I didn't know which page I was on!" She yelled. Another boy with sandy blonde hair piped up. "Page 149. The Hunger Games, right?"Jasmine sighed, "Yea. Thanks." She tucked a stray, wavy black hair behind her ear, revealing her electrifying blue eyes and beautiful face. There was a startled gasp from one of the girls but Jasmine didn't look up. Not until the girl breathed out, "Jasmine?"

Jasmine froze. Stuffing her bookmark into her book, she glanced up. She was met by the sight of a familiar girl. She had soft brown hair and brown eyes like hazel nuts. Jasmine widened her eyes a little. Her book fell to the ground with a thump. She stood up, circling the girl like a predator circling its prey. "Hazel Watson?"

"CUB!" She screamed, hugging Jasmine so hard she felt like her ribs would crack. "NUT!" She yelled back with as much enthusiasm. The girls hugged as the other five watched in confusion. "Is there something we missed out?" A bespectacled boy asked. "Obviously, Prongs." a kinda, sorta fat boy replied quietly. At last, Jasmine couldn't breath from Hazel's hard grip. Forgetting that she wasn't a registered animagus, she shifted into her kite form, escaping the hug. She shifted back. "You hug too hard, you nut-job."  She smiled. "You're an animagus!" Hazel laughed. Jasmine rolled her eyes, "Yell louder. I'm pretty sure the driver doesn't know I'm an unregistered animagus." She said, sarcastically. "You're unregistered?" Mr. Sandy Hair asked. "Yup." She replied. "Cool!" Hazel laughed. "Same here." Mr. Grey Eyes said at the same moment. "Forms?"

"Dog."

"Stag."

"Rat."

"Sparrow."

"Doe." The redhead said at last. "Haha! You're a sparrow, Nut!" Jasmine doubled over. "What's so funny?" The others asked as Hazel glared at her friend. "NOTHING!" She snapped. "Sorry." Jasmine choked out. "So. Your names?" Jasmine asked at last. "Peter Pettigrew, pureblood, Gryffindor." Said the quiet boy. "James Potter, pureblood, Gryffindor, Lily Evan's boyfriend." The bespectacled boy answered. "Remus Lupin, half-blood, Gryffindor." Mr. Sandy Hair offered. "And bookworm." James added cheekily. Remus slapped him. "Sirius Black, pureblood and the one and only Black in Gryffindor!" Grey Eyes said, winking at Jasmine and emphasising the words "one and only". Jasmine rolled her eyes in reply. "Looks like there ARE 3 girls who can resist your charm." The redhead with emerald eyes flashed him a grin. "Lily Evans, muggle-born, Gryffindor, girlfriend of the arrogant Potter though I really won't boast about it." Jasmine smiled, "Jasmine Cooper, 7th year, half-blood, besties with Hazel-nutty." Hazel stared at Jasmine for a bit, a smirk over coming her features, "I have a secret about you, so don't call me Hazel-nutty." She reminded. "Merde. Baisez-vous." (Crap. Screw you.) Jasmine cursed under her breath. Hazel's smirk widened. "Ne le dites pas." (Do not say it.) Jasmine warned, fear in her blue eyes. "Ne t'inquiète pas. Je ne vans pas." (Don't worry. I'm not going to.) Hazel laughed. "Are you talking in French?" Remus asked. "Whaddaya think, Moony? Of COURSE they are!!" Sirius said. "That's just frustrating." James sighed, his arm around Lily. The lunch lady passed and Sirius smirked. "Into action." he said as Remus and Lily left for the prefect's meeting.

James, Sirius and Peter crept out of the compartment and Hazel yelled, "Good luck!" Turning to Jasmine, she said, "Pranksters of Hogwarts. If anyone's been pranked, it's bound to be them." A sly smile crossed over Jasmine's face, "Let's change that, shall we not?"