Chapter 8

"Yup. Lily gave me the homework. Funny, she's not even in this class. Maybe someone gave it to her? Probably Sybill. That's nice of her." I told him though ended up rambling to myself. Remus' face of horror turned to one of fondness for a moment. "You're so adorable when you ramble off like that." Remus chuckled as we took our seats. His face heated up as soon as he realised what he said. "Thank you." I blushed. He smirked at me when his face cooled down before turning to face the front. I rolled my eyes and turned to the front as well. Good thing Sirius and James aren't here, I didn't realise Remus has a snarky side.

At least Remus listens to the Professors like Lily and I. Hazel, James and Sirius? Not so much. And sometimes, they bother poor Peter so much he can't focuse on the lesson.

Remus looked grimly at Professor Merrywether when she asked for our homework and braced himself for a night's detention. I saw him wince slightly when Merrywether told him he has detention in her office at 8. I felt imensley bad for him. He doesn't deserve this detention.

-Time Skip To 7:50-

"Why are we here again?" Sirius asked loudly as I dragged him, Hazel and Peter down the same hallways I used in the morning to get to the day's first lesson. "To get Remus out of detention." I replied. Lily refused to come and made James stay with her so it was up to the four of us. But what James did do was lend us his Invisibility Cloak. "Oh, yea. You want to help your boyfriend out of detention, don't you?" Hazel drawled.

I blushed and glared at her the best I could. "Shut up!" I hissed, causing her smirk and Sirius' to widen. "Jasmine, why do you want to help him anyways? It's not like you help him out of the one last time when we pranked Snivellous." Peter asked me. "Last time was because he deserved it. This time is because he doesn't. He doesn't know there's homework so he shouldn't be in this detention. It wasn't like he didn't do it on purpose." I informed him, glaring at Sirius and Hazel as I said so. They shrugged and gave me innocent smiles. I rolled my eyes again and whispered to Sirius, "And also, Hazel likes you and I know, for a fact, that you like her too." His eyes grow as round as moons and I swear he shrunk away from me a bit.

"Okay. Nut, Sirius, take James' cloak and change the clock. Peter, keep watch. I'll just ask Merrywether tons of meaningless questions." I told them briskly. I knocked on the trapdoor and opened it when I heard a faint "come in".

(A/N: It's in the Divinition classroom.)

"Hello Ms Cooper. How may I help you?" Professor Merrywether smiled at me. I immediately smilef back. I saw Remus looking at me confusedly and it took all of my willpower not to tell him what we were planning. "Hello Professor. I was just wondering how..." I rambled on and on, interrupting her at times when I thought of something and my speech going faster and faster. At last, the clock chimed, 43 minutes earlier than it's supposed to (thanks to Hazel and Sirius) and Jasmine smiled at the teacher. "Professor, surely this means Remus' detention is over?" I asked innocently. Merrywether nodded. "Remember to do your homework next time, Mr Lupin." She said before dismissing us.

As soon as we got out, I laughed, exhaling a breath I didn't know I was holding. Hazel and Sirius were nowhere to be seen and I said a quick thanks to Peter. Together, Remus, Peter and I headed back to the common room, no idea where Hazel or Sirius is. "You just went on and on about how you forgot how to read tea leaves. You were talking faster and faster, and Merrywether didn't realise!" Remus smiled. Peter clapped for me and I mock bowed. "Thank you." I grinned. Rem then leaned in and whispered something in my ear, sending chills down my spine.

"You were very cute too." He whispered. I slapped his arm playfully. "Shut up!" I laughed, face flushed. Remus laughed. I decided that I had the tendency to say "shut up" whenever I'm flustered.

That proves he likes you.

No it doesn't. There's no way he could like you like you like him.

Stop speaking so complicatedly!

Nevermind then. Just enjoy this time together. I mentally mock saluted and "returned" to reality. Surprisingly, I didn't zone out. That's a first.

"Chocolate Frogs." I told the Fat Lady. She swung open her portrait, revealing the common room. "Cub! Over here!" Hazel called. She, Sirius, James and Lily were sitting at the couches, chatting. We sat down and talked. We talked about Quidditch, favorite songs, food and eventually, started talking about crushes.

Knew it was coming.

"So, we all know that Prongs is head over heels for Lily-" Sirius started. "But we don't know the rest of you people." Peter finished. I tilted my head. "Sure? Peter, who do you like?" I asked. "No one." He replied. I shifted in my seat but nodded. "M'kay." I said rather randomly.

"Hazel?" Lily asked before adding. "Oh wait, we all know who." And smirked. The boys looked confused while Lily and I shot her smirks which she deflected with glares. Then her glare shifts to a smirk. "Wait, how about you, Cub?" She asked. I narrowed my eyes playfully, "One, you already know. Two, I'm not gonna tell. Three, stop teasing me about him already!" I protested. "Nahh. Not gonna happen today, Jasmine." Lily grinned.

"You do know that when you girls talk about things we don't know about, it doesn't mean we're not here, right?" Remus cut them off. My face lightened up when Lily and Hazel dropped their smirks and teasing glances. "Sorry, Rem." Hazel sang. I gave her a murderous look and she gave me a sly smirk before adding, "-mus." My gaze softened.

(If you don't know what happened, basically, Hazel teased Jasmine by saying the nickname Jasmine gave Remus and upon seeing her right down murderous face, she decides to say Remus' full first name. {Did that make any sense?})

Hazel grinned at me. "We told you you like him." She said.

"Do not!"

"Do so."

"Do not."

"Do so!"

Hem hem.

"Sorry Rem." I apologized to him. He rolled his eyes in response. Hazel and Lily were giving me smirks. As usual. And they were really starting to creep me out.

"Well, Woemtail, Prongs and I have detention now." Sirius interjected. "What did you do now?" Lily sighed. "A welcome-back prank on Snivellous." James announced proudly. "And I wasn't invited?" Remus gasped at his friend. "Sorry mate. You had prefect duties at that time." Peter told him apologictly. Remus went on with a few lines on how the duties messed up his fun and went on with a few swear words.

"I didn't know you swore." I commented after Lily and Hazel left for the dorm because we "obviously needed some private time". I glared at them when Hazel had said that snide remark.

"Well, I do. It's not that bad." Remus shrugged carelessly. "Suuuurrreeeeeeeee." I said sarcastically. "Oh come off it! You cuss too!" Remus complained. I laughed. "True, that." I replied. Suddenly, an idea popped into my brain.

"Oi, Rem. Are you good at keeping secrets?" I asked. He nodded, unaware where this was going. "Do you want to do a revenge prank on James, Sirius and Peter for not at least letting you know they were doing the prank?" Jasmine asked. Remus nodded again, trying to figure out what this was about.

"Good. Go up to your room, I'll grab Nut. We have some planning to do." Jasmine said, her eyes glittering with mischief.