Chapter 18

Remus' POV:

"What happened mate?" Sirius asked when he entered with everyone minus Jasmine. I ignored him and turned back to my book, pulling the covers higher.

"Remus, Jasmine stormed out just now. What happened?" Peter asked, concern showing in his voice. I curled up in a ball and pretended to fall asleep while actually mulling over my thoughts. I got the boys over here to pester me while Jasmine gets to stay there all alone.

Great. Just great.

Sarcasm intended.

My thoughts flew back to what happened just now.

"What, Jasmine, I say?" I snarled. I flinched slightly at my own tone but anger burned inside me. Dumbledore may get into trouble of the school knows about us being werewolves! Jasmine gave me a look of cold fury mingled with... sadness? and left the dorm, levitating her things. I sank into my bed, my face buried in my hands, as I thought things over.

Regret was already pushing its way to my heart and the blades were slicing my heart into unmendable peices. I felt ashamed of how I spoke to her just now but I think she'd be beyond hatred. I decided to try and at least get some sleep. Maybe I just wasn't thinking straight, I thought as darkness blinded my sight.

*time skip cuz why not*

Jasmine and I were avoiding eachother the best we can. I'd always stay up in the Marauders' dorm whenever I'm allowed to and she does the same in the girls' dorm. I knew Lily, Hazel, James, Sirius and Peter were trying to get us together but she seemed very upset about me yelling at her and honestly, I want to kill myself for doing that.

I was taking more and more naps and has rarely left the dorm except for meals and lessons. It was boring but I can't bear seeing my friends with Jasmine, who, may I also mention, is looking a lot duller than I last remembered. Transformations still took place but we never talked in the Hospital Wing.

And frankly speaking, I was starting to get desperate for us to stop acting like this.

As the light shone in the distance, I groaned and rubbed my eyes. When I felt the warm sun on my back, I looked up finally. I recognised the place. I was at Hogwarts by the Black Lake and beside the lake was...

"Jasmine." I gasped and scrambled over to her. Her eyes were barely parted and her breathing was shallow. Her skin was pale and blood looked by her waist. A familiar dagger was stuck there. She looked up at me, her eyes full of loathing.

"You were a fool, Remus. Did you really think we're your friends? We were barely acquaintances. If you were fast enough, Bellatrix Black wouldn't have struck me. You're a monster, you hear me? A monster." She rasped before the life faded from her eyes and they stared unfocusedly at the blue sky. I let out a soft mournful wail.

A wolf's cry.

Yet, no feelings came knocking me off my feet aside from the feeling that the shining sun and the blue sky seemed to be mocking my existence. I turned around and saw Hazel, Lily, Peter, James and Sirius coming. "You let her die!" Peter howled at me. "We should never have hung out at all." James said scornfully. "Now one of your friends are dead, werewolf, why don't you turn and leave our ranks? You're not wanted here." Hazel hissed. I backed away, my eyes stinging with tears that were threatening to fall. And I backed away, right into the hands of Lucius Malfoy. "And here comes the wolf." He sneered, Nercissa made a howling noise, thought it came out weirdly due to her snickering. He raised his wand and casted the spell. "CRUCIO!" Lucius smirked, Nercissa was watching, fascinated as well as Severus Snape and a few other Slytherins. And the Marauders, Lily and Hazel.

Third-Person POV:

Remus screamed when the spell hit him, the earsplitting noise made Nercissa smile evilly and everyone to smirk and snicker. Despair clogged his brain as he thought. I knew they never liked me. Now Jasmine is dead and it's all my fault. Now, it's my turn to die. Still not caring about the torturing spells Lucius Malfoy was shooting, Remus curled up in a ball and awaited the arrival of his death.

He screamed, shrieked and screeched until his throat was hoarse but his death was yet to come. Tears were pouring down his face as he recalled how lifeless he saw Jasmine. "I'm sorry." He whispered over and over again. "Remus." A voice said from above, scaring the sobbing and screaming boy. "Remus." He repeated. Still, Remus cried, screamed and wirthed around from pain.

"Remus, mate. Wake up, please." Sirius shook his friend for the 31st time. He looked at his friends. "No luck." He said, "Fetch her, please." James told Hazel politely. None of them were pranking now that the fight broke out. Remus and Jasmine were the only ones who were mute to that.

Slytherins gave them weird looks when they passed them in the halls, Professors looked sad and some even looked bored. Even Professor McGonagall came and asked if everything was alright among them!

The doors to the dorm burst open as the two girls returned. "What do you mean?" Jasmine demanded angrily, "He won't wake up?" "See for yourself, Jasmine." Peter offered, standing aside to reveal Remus. Jasmine took one looked and gasped. His hair was disheveled, his face was beaded with sweat, his books lay on the bedside table, forgotten, his blankets looked like they were tossed and turned, a few empty bottles of Firewhisky lay beside his bed and his uniform was flung casually onto the chair. His recent failed homework assignments were scattered on the table.

Remus was taking this worse than Jasmine was.

Without hesitating, Jasmine scurried over to Remus' side. James took his time and flung the Invisibility Cloak onto Lily, Sirius, Hazel, Peter and himself. "Rem, wake up. Please, just wake up." Jasmine begged him, despair, misery and guilt clawing at her heart. His fists were clenched and his face was red. Tears streaked down his face. "Rem? Remus, wake up, come on. Just wake up please." Jasmine tried again, sorrow raw in her voice as she lowered her guard, allowing emotion to slip through and show itself towards the boy she truly loves.

"Remus," she sighed, "Remus Lupin, I'm talking to you. Wake up now or I will personally go fetch Sirius and get him to kiss you." Jasmine narrowed her eyes. Sirius made a strangled but muffled cry from behind. When Remus still didn't wake up, Jasmine stood up and turned to look back at the doorway.

"I guess I need to go fetch Sirius then, Rem." She called over her shoulder and strode out of the door.