Chapter 33

Sirius jerked awake, drenched in cold sweat as he looked around. He noticed that he was in the Hospital Wing almost instantly. His hand felt his forehead.

It was slightly heated up. Nearby, looking rather concerned, were Jasmine, Remus, James, Lily and Peter. But no Hazel.

It wasn't just a dream.

The thought blasted Sirius as he came to a realisation. Tears started to find their way down his cheeks. His mind was fuzzy as his friends encircled him. "Sirius? Are you okay? Where's Hazel?" Lily asked, her voice soft, well aware of how emotional he was right now.

More tears rolled down.

"She-She said she'd take some food for us real quick. I turned t-to talk to James, not paying attention to her and when I looked b-back, s-s-she wa-as...go- gone. Gone. Vanished. Vanished into thin air. I c-couldn't see her anywhere." Sirius sobbed, guilt clawed at him. He felt devastated, so broken. Sadness hung in the air. His friends were quiet, sucking in what he just told them.

The silence between the six left Sirius worst than he already was.

Jasmine's eyes started to water up, turning to Remus for comfort. Remus embraced her, bringing her close to him as she started to sob into his chest, her tears soaking his shirt.

Hazel Watson was her best friend since they were five. They went to the same schools only to be separated when they reached eleven years old.

Miraculously, they managed to meet up again in year seven. The two girls had hugged each other tightly, grinning as they did so.

Flashback (Jasmine C.)

Hazel turned to me, her grin still etched on her face. She looked her best friend dead straight in the eye and asked.

"Cub, I have one question. If I disappeared, will you look for me?" She asked. Jasmine looked at her friend incredulously. "Hazel Watson, I swear by my life, I will at least try to look for you if you've disappeared. I promise I will." Jasmine replied her friend, her tone sober.

End of Flashback

Jasmine tried to ease her sobbing.

She failed.

She never thought that it may lead to this.

When the ball was announced, the Hall had been filled with excitement. Everybody had looked forward to the upcoming Ball. It was just a night.

One night for students to relax and enjoy themselves.

How could anything possibly go wrong?

But no. Jasmine and Remus' relationship was close to being ripped apart, Hazel went missing. It couldn't be a coincidence, could it?

• • •
"Get some rest, Padfoot. It won't do you much good, nor will it do Hazel, if you're tossing and turning in bed." Peter's sleepy yawn rang through the quiet and pitch dark dormitory as Sirius' bed creaked again.

When the bed stopped creaking, Jasmine heard the sobs again. She knew that loosing Hazel had wounded Sirius terribly. Jasmine sighed quietly.

If she couldn't sleep, she might as well try to find a clue of how to find Hazel. She gathered her thoughts as she tried to think. Cassandra had tried to tear apart Jasmine and Remus. Such a move would bring the friends into a huge argument and would most likely lead to an end of the friendship between some of them.

Hazel mysteriously disappeared into thin air without a trace. Hazel wouldn't leave her friends clueless. It just wasn't her nature. So she was probably kidnapped. Jasmine told herself.

A frown slowly made its way to Jasmine's face as she thought things over.

Cassandra kissed Rem... Nut was kidnapped...

Hmm... I have a feeling that there's a connection between these two things but I just can't figure out.

Jasmine was soon arguing within herself, completely unaware that she was squirming in the arms of Remus.

Isn't it obvious enough? Hazel was kidnapped, obviously. And Cassandra is helping Hazel's kidnappers.

How though?

Look. Cassandra kissed Rem, trying to break apart at least some of you and your friends. Then Hazel was kidnapped.

Thanks. I didn't realise that.

Shut your sarcastic mouth. I'm trying to help!

Doesn't that mean you're telling yourself off as well?

Yes- No- Doesn't matter. Just let me finish-

Already am.

Anyways, so if Hazel was kidnapped, and the friends were torn apart, then it would be very hard for them to find Hazel as there would be less brains to think about the Kidnap and less people would be looking for Hazel.

It would only be a difference of 6 Hogwarts students. What's going to change?

The determination to find Hazel. Lily and I are Hazel's best friend. Sirius is her boyfriend. Rem, James and Peter are Sirius' brothers. Think about that.

A soft growl emitted in Jasmine's throat, her startling blue eyes were narrowed. She was only driving herself in circles. This was getting nowhere.

It's not "nowhere". It's somewhere.

For once, I agree with you. If you could get information out of Cassandra, you might have a lead to finding Hazel.

For once?

The voices in her head went silent when Remus suddenly shifted his weight slightly.

"Jas? Why are you still awake?" He frowned as he tried to sit up. Jasmine quickly pushed him down again. "I couldn't sleep." She told her boyfriend.

An aching feeling erupted in Remus' heart as he finally realised how much Jasmine and Sirius were hurting. It hurt way more than what he was feeling right now, just out of worry for his girlfriend, and for his near-sister, Hazel. Remus knew what it felt like to be kidnapped. Heck. He was kidnapped himself.

But he had Jasmine when he was kidnapped. Hazel didn't. And the fact that her lover, Sirius, was blaming himself for not going with her. Among the six friends, Jasmine and Sirius were the ones who were most fragile and emotional right now.

Although Sirius hadn't been in relationship with Hazel for that long, his love for the blonde is deeper than the deepest ocean.

Although Jasmine had lost contact with Hazel for the last six years, she was still her closest friend.

Remus Lupin inhaled a sharp breath as the truths finally came out from the foggy confusion. He felt like the time when he had just realised that he was a wizard like his father again.

"Rem?" Jasmine whispered, her voice shaking Remus from his mind. "Yes, Love?" He replied, his arm tightened around his girlfriend.

Jasmine couldn't help but smile softly as she felt his arm tighten. But her face turned sober again when she asked him the question.

"Do you think that- Merlin, I hope not, but do you think Hazel was kidnapped by Death Eaters?"