Chapter 37

Blake's POV:

"How was work today, love?" I questioned as I chopped up some peppers and onion for the dinner pot.

"It was great, Blakey! Did you know that some deer moved into the neighborhood, and their fawn was enrolled in my class today? Amelia, that's her name. She's so precious." My mate replied with a wide grin and bright eyes.

"Yes, I did know. I had a feeling that you would be excited."

"I'm very much so, Blakey! She has dyslexia, but she is so carefree, and happy, and polite. I had her read with me today, and when she messed up on a few words, she didn't get frustrated like most would. She just asked for help and it just made me really... happy? Proud? Emotional? Let's just say all three."

I chuckled as I threw the seasoning into the pot before wiping off my hand and walking over to Liam. I scooped him up before sitting down and placing him in my lap. He blushed as he shifted so that he was straddling me instead of just sitting across my thighs.

"Sounds like you had quite the day, love."

"I did! How about you, Blakey?"

"Eh, not much to say. I just had to finish some paperwork on the case we just busted."

"The one with the sex-trafficking snake?"

"Yeah, that's the one." I sighed. "But enough about work. I missed you." I said teasingly as I drew Liam closer to my chest. My arousal flared as he bit his bottom lip and gripped the collar of my uniform. The lusty look in his eyes heated my body straight to the core.

"Oh yeah?" He mumbled hotly, kissing the crook of my neck and making his way up. "I've missed you too... Daddy."

My control, the little string of it that I had left, snapped in an instant as I growled and gripped Liam's ass cheeks. He had just gotten out of the shower, so he was only wearing one of my shirts and a red, lacy pair of underwear. He wrapped his arms around my neck before peppering my face with long smooches. I groaned as he rotated his hips, pressing down on my growing bulge while tugging on my hair. Unfortunately, before it could get any further, Liam was standing away from me suddenly and looking at me with pure mischief.

"If you turn the stove down and come upstairs with me, maybe I can show you how much I've missed you, Daddy."

I didn't have to be told twice as I hurried to turn down the stove and picked up my mate. He giggled as I threw him over my shoulder and carried him up the stairs like a caveman would. Once in our room, I shut the door so that Maximilian wouldn't make his way up and get in-between us, again. After, I threw Liam safely into the middle of the bed, making him bounce and giggle.

With a predatory demeanor, I stalked towards my prey, causing the sexual tension from downstairs to return ten times stronger.

"Get to work showing me, love." I teased once I was hovering over him. He smirked as he wrapped his arms and legs around me before quickly flipping us over so that I was underneath him.

"As you wish, Daddy." He whispered to me before I lost myself in his lustful heat.

***

"Looks like someone has drifted off in his head." I heard someone joke as I blinked rapidly to clear my mind. Once the little daydream had subsided, I realized that I was still in The Sanctuary with knowing eyes all locked on me.

"What?" I questioned with an indifferent smirk.

"Blakey, y-you're hard." My mate whispered in my ear shyly before wiggling his hips to prove his point. The heat radiating off of him let me know that he was blushing in the crook of my neck.