Chapter 27

.:Author"s Note:.

Random confession: I like having conversations with genuine people I meet online.

***

Blake's POV:

Four years old-

"Mommy?"

"Yes, Simba?" Mommy replied as she smiled down at me. I giggled when she tickled my tummy, making the water splash up in the tub. She only did it for a short time though. I loved Mommy's tickles, just like I loved her.

"I'm gonna marry you one day." I told Mommy, smiling big when she laughed. I closed my eyes when she started washing the soap out of my hair.

"You can't marry me, Blake Hun." She told me. I frowned and opened my eyes to look at her. Why couldn't I marry my Mommy? I love her very much and I should be able to!

"Why not, Mommy? You don't love me too?" I asked sadly.

"What?! Of course, I love you, Simba. But if I marry you, who's going to be your daddy's wife?"

I gasped, looking at Mommy with wide eyes. I didn't want to take Daddy's wife. But I love Mommy way more than Daddy does. Mommy gives me baths, not Daddy. In his face!

"Who's taking whose wife?" Daddy asked as he came into the bathroom. Madeline was in his hand drinking from her bottle. Maybe I don't have to marry Mommy. I can marry Madeline because I love her very much too.

"I want to marry Mommy, but she is your wife so I will marry Madeline instead." I told Daddy proudly. He laughed as he shook his head.

"You can't marry either of them. You'll find a mate when you're older and forget all about this conversation." Daddy said, but I knew he was lying because I would never forget how much I love Mommy and Madeline. I love Daddy too, but two boys can't get married.

Oh well.

***

Five years old-

I sat on the steps, listening to Mommy and Daddy fighting. They fight a lot now, and it makes me really sad. Madeline is scared of them but she was sleeping right now.

"What the fuck, Jenna! This is the fifth packet of cocaine I've found in your bag!" Daddy was trying to whisper, but I knew he was really mad. He's always mad with Mommy.

"Will you calm down, Eric?! The kids are sleeping." I wasn't sleeping, and Mommy sounded really weird. I peeked over the railing to see her scratching her arm and heard her sniffle. Maybe Mommy is sick.

"I'm not going to calm down! You're addicted to this shit and I don't want it in this house. You're going to stop doing drugs and I need to know who your supplier is."

Mommy shook her head as she sniffled more. Daddy looked really mad as he threw Mommy's bag on the floor and walked closer to her.

"His name. Now, Jenna!" Daddy's lion was trying to get out. Mommy said when I turned five I would be able to change into a lion too, but that hasn't happened yet.

"No, Eric! I'm not getting him in trouble."

"Why are you protecting this son of a bitch?"

"Because I love him!" Mommy shouted. Daddy stood really still as he stared at Mommy. She was scratching her arm more now and looking around the room. Maybe she needs a shower to stop scratching. I itch when I'm dirty too.