Chapter Ten

Annie's POV

I woke up to the sound of some of the other jury member's in the barracks yelling. I sat up and stretched before getting off the top bunk and going to get ready. I put on my jury uniform, which was red, and put my hair in a braided crown. I walked out of the bathroom and out the door of the barracks. Today was the day that we were going to get our first assignments.

Jeffery and Kaitlyn had just left before me so I ran to catch up with them.

"Hey guys," I said as I caught up to them.

"Hey Annie," Kaitlyn said looking up at me and smiling.

"Do you think he'll give us easy assignments for our first ones?" I asked

"I don't know, I was about to ask you the same thing," Jeffery said.

We were silent for the rest of the walk. Most of the jury members were already at the door of Zane's office when we went into his house. We were summoned in pretty quickly and we lined up at the back of the room.

"Since these are your first assignments you will be watching over O'khasis territories in pairs. Once you hear your assignment you may leave," He said, "First, Janus and Ivy, the large bandit camp a few miles north of here. Next, Jeffery and Lillian, Pikaro Village. Then, Kaitlyn and Annie, Nahakra."

Kaitlyn and I left the room silently and didn't speak until we got outside.

"Annie, have you heard of the thieve's guild in Nahakra?" Kaitlyn asked.

"Yeah, I have run into a few members before. They're not as menacing as they sound," I replied.

Kaitlyn nodded and we walked silently until we got to the barracks to pack.