Chapter Four

I wake up smiling. I get to see Chris today, he's like the first person I've really clicked with since I changed my hair and got all these piercings. Sure he's like twenty but that's not the point. 

I quickly jump out of bed and I run to my dresser. I pull out a pair of tight black ripped up jeans and a baggy purple shirt with a cat on it. I quickly throw on the clothes and I grab my phone. 

I click it on and I roll my eyes, that person texted me again, 'Morning Lily.'

'You're creepy.' I text them before shoving my phone in my back pocket. 

I quickly walk out of my room and into the kitchen. My mom is sitting at the table eating. I pick up a piece of toast and I begin eating it. I'm already late meeting Chris.

My mom raises her eyebrow, "Why are you in a rush? I can barley wake you up for school let along on a Sunday."

I finish my toast before speaking, "I meeting a friend at the park."

She nods, "Friends."

I pretend to be offended before running out of the apartment. I run down the stairs and out of the building. Not to be desperate for friends but I'm desperate for friends.

I make it to the park some time later. Chris is sitting against the tree messing with his leg. 

I try to walk behind him and scare him but I don't even get within a foot when he turns around and sees me. 

I groan, "I was gonna scare you."

He smiles, "Sorry I guess I have really good hearing."

I walk over and I sit down next to him, "My mom has really good hearing too so I'm use to it."

He smiles, "Your mom sounds great."

I laugh, "She sure is."

Chris and me talk for almost three hours today. Anything I say Chris has something smart to say in return. God I'm kinda jealous of Chris, he just seems so cool.

I feel a buzz in my back pocket so I pull my phone out. My mom says I can only say out another hour or two.

"So what's your favorite food?" 

I shrug, "Its between french fries or tacos."

He smiles, "I knew a girl who lovedddd french fries and tacos."

I laugh, "A girl after my own heart."

I talk to Chris for two more hours before telling him I have to go home. I stand up and I pull my phone out.

"Can I have your number? I brought my phone today."

He scrunches his face up, "Ohh sorry but I don't have a phone."

I awkwardly slide my phone in my pocket, "Oh."

He smiles, "You can give me your address though so we can find each other if we want."

I smile and I give him my address. I don't see why not. Chris is like the only person I really talk too and he's so sweet and considerate. I hope he comes over often.