"Nah, they're not really big on Valentine's Day," Ariella said. "Besides, it's his birthday tomorrow, so they just buy a bunch of chocolate tomorrow since it will be on sale and spend time together then."

       Dan was the server who came to our table and after we told him the drinks we want, Ariella said, "By the way, how does it feel taking my best friend away?"

       "What are you talking about?" Dan asked.

       "I feel lonely because Destiny has a boyfriend and a daughter that takes up all her time, and Calvin is....well, interested in someone so he's constantly ditching me for said person," Ariella said.

       "Hey, you have me," I said.

       "Yeah, you have him," Dan said. "Don't blame me for making you feel lonely."

       "I'm totally blaming you."

       "Yeah, whatever." Dan then headed into the kitchen.

       Shortly after, Declan walked up to the table. "Hey, Ariella," he said. "Long time, no see."

       "Hey," Ariella said. "What are you doing here?"

       "Oh, I moved here not too long ago," Declan said. "I got offered a job here and the city was getting too boring for me. Oh, by the way, I'm sorry about what happened to your aunt."

       "Thanks," Ariella said. "At least I know the police hasn't given up on the case yet."

       Dan walked back over, carrying the milkshakes Ariella and I ordered. "Hey, Dan, is there such thing as a family discount here?" Declan asked.

       "Nope," Dan said. "Only an employee discount."

       "Well, that sucks," Declan said. "I think you owe me a discount after you didn't tell me everything that happened between you and your many girlfriends."

       "Many?" Dan repeated. "I only had three, one of which I'm still with. And I don't have to tell you about my romantic life."

       "You're such a lame cousin," Declan said.

       "Thanks, I really try," Dan said. "Now if you're going to eat here, go sit at a table and wait for a server."

       "Geez, you're so rude too," Declan said. "I don't want you to be my server, though. You're too mean to me."

        "Yeah, whatever," Dan said before Declan walked away. He then took our orders, which was basically just nachos because the was the best thing on the menu.

       When he walked away, Ariella looked over at Declan. "He's really cute," she said.

       "Okay, I'm going to pretend that didn't sting," I said.

       "What? He is," Ariella said. "You're cute too."

       "And better looking?"

       "Oh, definitely."

       "Thank you."

       "Although, Calvin is quite hot too," Ariella said and I gave her a flat look. "What? He is. And don't give me that look. It's not like I'll ever have a chance with him. For starters, he's gay. And second, he is kind-of, I think, dating your brother, so...."

       "Wait, Kenny's gay?" I heard Destiny suddenly say. I looked over to see her standing by the table with Anastasia in a stroller.

       "Heeeyyyyy, what are you doing here?" Ariella asked.

       "I wanted some onion rings and a milkshake, and the owner is pretty hot so I thought I'd come here to check him out," Destiny said. "And don't avoid my question."

       "I don't know why you think he is gay," Ariella said. "I never said he was. I said Calvin's gay."

       "Yeah, and you also said he's kind of, you think, dating Kenny."

       "Technically, I didn't say Kenny, I said Horatio's brother."

       "Yeah, who's Kenny."

       "Yeah, who is Kenny? I don't know who this Kenny is."

       "Okay, give it up, Ariella," I said. "Destiny know what she heard." I looked at her. "Yes, he is, and I know you can keep a secret considering you kept covering for him about the play so my parents didn't find out what his character was."

       "Okay, I'm insulted he didn't tell me but he told Ariella," Destiny said.

       "Oh, he didn't tell me," Ariella said. "I figured it out myself, and then I told Horatio. But Kenny is really good at hiding things."

       I snorted. "Not really. He came home with a hickey a few nights ago and forgot about it in the morning. Our parents saw. It was funny. Kind of. So, wonderful cousin, want to sit with us so we can get free food since you own this place as well?"

       "Yes, we want free nachos," Ariella said.

       "Thanks for using me just to get free food," Destiny said. "But I don't like being alone, so I'll sit here." She turned the stroller so Anastasia was facing the table, then sat down beside Ariella.

       "Now you know how I feel because I feel alone all the time," Ariella said. "And it's all your stupid boyfriend's fault."

       "Thanks," Dan said sarcastically as he walked up to the table and set the plate of nachos down.

       "You know, everyone in Spruceworth has impeccable timing," I said. "Have you noticed that or am I the only one?"

        "Now that you mention it, it is true," Ariella said. 

       "Then maybe that's a sign that you should stop talking about other people," Dan said.

       "No way," Ariella said. "That's boring. Drama is fun....Oh, God, I've been spending too much time with Calvin."

       "Can you get me some onion rings and a chocolate milkshake?" Destiny asked Dan.

       "Of course," Dan said, writing it on the notepad. He then set the notepad on the table and crouched down beside the stroller. Anastasia looked at her dad and started smiling, then began babbling. "I'll see you later, Tasie." He kissed her cheek before standing up, grabbing his notepad, then heading to the kitchen.

________________

Aww, I love writing about Dan being a dad. <3 So cute.

So....The next murder is the next chapter and I'll start writing it after I get something to eat. I'M CRAVING SUBWAY SO BAD. cx Luckily there's on right across the street from my house. :D

Ooh, and I decided who book three of the Spruceworth series is going to be about. :D MY CHILD, CALVIN. ILY CALVIN. <3