Zoey's Confession

"Zoey?" I say softly glancing over to her.

Her eyes were lifted up to the window and she was looking out to the ocean. The sunlight reflected in her watery eyes.

"Yes," she answered, I could barely hear the ending of the word.

I let a little air out of my mouth, "Did you love him?"

I saw her eyes lower just a little, and J heard her squirm.

"No," she answered, "No I did not."

I was confused. I thought she said he made her feel "not alone". When she was in the hospital and she found out who did it. I heard in her voice, she wanted him to be okay. Yet still she said she did love him. I was about to ask another question but then, like she read my mind she went on to say.

"I gave him virginity yes, but I didn't live him."

It was like something had picked me in the worng place, I jolted in a shock at her words. I guess that explains why she was worried about him. She gave one of the most important prices of her life to someone who didn't have a heart.

"H-how. But I thought you lost it since sixteen?" I said sitting up resting my back against the sofa.

She raised herself off of the floor then sat on her hind while shaking her head.

"No, I lied. Zada had been so much more promiscuous than me. In truth I was jealous and felt kind of left out. So lied."

"I-I don't understand? W-Why didn't you tell me?"

Her eyes began to tear up again. Opening up so much for me was wreaking havoc with her emotions. Zoey was always good at keeping her emotions in check. She never ever felt to much and now, she was feeling it all.

"I-I couldn't! And honestly I wish I did! Everyday after that I wish I did. But it just kept getting harder and harder!"

I bit my bottom lip, and then like something overtook me I got up from me sit on the floor and excused myself. I was going to explode! Secret after secret is being dropped on me! All one after the other and I had no time to breath! I was suffocation under it all. I needed some air.

I decided to head outside to find Clay. He had left us a while ago for some air also. I walked around to the side of the house, there he was leaning against the wooden walls. He was looking out at the ocean and his eyes are fixed on the waves.

I stood there, silent, as quiet as a mouse. I honestly thought he didn't here me, but apparently he did. He stretched out his arms to the side as if telling me to come to his side.

Obediently, I ran into his arms. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I rested my head in the crook of his neck. I heard him sigh sadly but just a little bit. I took that opportunity to speak.

"Clay? What happened to us?" I say pausing for a reaction.

I could feel the air coming in and leaving his body and I could hear his heart beat. It was in tune with mine!

"I don't know what you mean Zana?" he says truthfully.

I explained, "We were good. We were friends and we used to help each other out. Tell each other everything. What happened to that?"

"I really don't know," he says passing his hand through his hair.

I lifted my head from his neck and looked at him. He wasn't looking me at first but eventually, he turned to look at me. He got a look in his eyes, passion. He looked at me like wanted to make everything better. And I believed he could.