And the Next Day

"Zana? Zana? Zana?"

Eyes slowly opened, the world around me through my view was fuzzy, I couldn't make out the faces. But my other senses were working quite fine. And there were a lot of familiar smells. I knew who was around me.

"Mom?" I breath quietly.

I felt her grip my left hand she bent over my face. As my vision became clearer I could make out her eyes, cheeks and lips. Her hair was the pulled back into a high bun which was unsusual for her because she always had it let down. Her make up however, was flawless as ever and her lips were a full red. I guess she must've have ame from seeing on of her clients.

"Zana babby. Are you alright?" 

I would've scoffed if my throat was dry. She didn't care if I was alright. If she did she'd actually did she would sit down have a conversation. I haven't had a conversation with her in weeks. To be honest I miss her.

"I'm f-fine m-om," I whisper, my voice cracking and my throat scratching.

"No, you're not. This is the second time you are in the hospital Z. This is he second time in two months Z. The doctor says panic attacks mostly likely stress induce.-"

I shook my head  and sat up in bed.

"Mom, don't- don't pretent you care. You haven't had an actual conversation with me in a loong time mom."

Mom seemed taken aback by my protest. Her eyes sunk down to watch the sheets the covered my body. I didn't even realize that they had taken off my clothes and put me in a gown. Not until my mom looked down on my clothes.

I figured that my mom felt aweful because of what I said. So I decided that I needed to apologise. I squeezed her hand to get her attention.

"Look m-mom, I-I sorry. I miss you,"I croak kindly.

I glanced over at a side table next to my mother. Conveniently, there was a tray of food on top of it. But that wasn't my focus. Hospital food is disgusting. My focus was on a cup of water with a clear straw in it.

My mother followed my gaze and saw I saw the tray. She smiled reached for the cup of water, picked it up and handed me the cup. I snatched it from her hand and began gulping the water down.

As I did she stroked my brown hair. I could tell she was actually really worked about me. But I couldn't bare to tell her the events of the past few months. Not at all. So I decided to tell her a story to throw her off.

After I finished drinking the water. I handed my mother back the cup, then told her what she really wanted to hear.

"Mom, I've been under a lot of pressure lately. School and teenage stuff."

As I spoke I moved my hands around to give my words more significants. She read my face and bought it. Leaning in, she gave me a right hug.

"Oh Zana. If you need to talk, don't hesitate to ask me. Okay kiddo."

I watched her eyes fill with happiness. As she looked at me and held my face in her hands. I nodded a yes. She lightly tapped my cheeks.

Mother pulled away and reached for her purse that she had set on the floor next to my bed. She took it and set on her lap. My face dropped, I knew she was going to leave me.

"Well, I have to run. But I'll see you home in a few hours okay. I'll go ahead and sign the discharge papers. Okay sweetie."

She rose from her seat leaned over and kissed my forehead.

"Bye Mom," I say softly as she left the room.

As soon as she did, two familiar faces rushed in. Zada and Clay. Zada came over to my bed and literally dropped herself on me. Clay came over and stroked my face with a concern smile on his lips.