Clayton Madeville

Throughout the rest of the day I was being glared that by all Jackson's friends, buddies, dealers, sluts and gold diggers; boys and girls alike. I just rolled my eyes and grinned evilly. It was the period before lunch and I was walking alone in the hallway. I stole away to the hall that led down to the gym. For some reason I was drawn there. Suddenly there was the sound of voices and feet padding down the hall. I listened.

"Hey. Whatever happened to the girl that Jackson and his buddies had placed the bet on?"

I heard the other boy sigh.

"I found her passed out on the boardwalk. The pour ducky had hit her head. Probably fighting with Jackson."

That voice, I recognize it.

"Wow. That's messed up. At least you found her instead of any creep."

"Yeah. My brother is so bloody messed up."

"Your so different from him Clayton. Anyway. Let's head to out next classes. We'll meet up at lunch. Okay."

"Yeah."

I gasped, then took off running on the other direction. I ran and didn't stop until I got clear across to the other side of the school.

I bend over with my hands on my knees breathing heavily. I was in shock. I put one hand over my heart got my breath steady again. I stood up straight and made my way toward where I knew Zoey would be at  this time be of day.

I placed my left hand under my chest and caught my breath. Then I stood upright and marched across to the football field. I walked on the side along the fence toward the bleachers. At this time Zoey would be smoking just about everything with Joel. And idiotic,  perverted but hilarious bad boy, out best friend. To be perfectly honest, he was high all the time.

I walked under the bleachers and there she was leaning against a metal post with one leg up. She had two fingers up holding a half smoked joint with a huge smile on her face, listening to Joel and watching him double over laughing and trying to tell a joke.

I stood there watching, not wanting to disturb the two. But Zoey caught sight of me while breathing out a thick cloud of smoke out of her mouth. When she saw the look on my face, she new something of great importance was on the tip of my tongue which I just had to say.

She excused herself, throwing the cigarette on the ground and stomped on it,  then she walked over to me. Her long auburn hair was flying in the spring breeze. She shoved both of her hands in both pockets in her pants.

"Zana? What's up?" she asks trying to look straight into my eyes.

"I found out the identity of my hero," I say a little dreamily.

Her eyes lit up with wonder and suprise.

"Well that was quick," she begins.

I was silent.

"Well?! Who is he?!" she exclaims.

I bit my lips on a side.

"It's Jackson's own brother. Clayton Mandeville."

Zoey's mouth hung open wide. She was in total and utter shock.

"Woah! His own flesh and blood. Guess his the only fucking psyco in the family."

I giggled slightly.

"I have to thank him," I say.

Zoey agreed. Then her eyes lit up, it seems she had an idea. She took her hands out of her pocket and handed me a twenty dollar bill.

"Here. Go buy him a forty dollar
bottle of french champagne. This is my contribution. The boy deserves it because, he saved my girl's life."

I smiled and thankful punched her shoulder and turned around on my heel and left the bleachers with a huge smile on my face. Zoey is the best.

***

I did as was suggested and got the bottle of champagne for Clayton. I returned to the school  at lunch. Now. Where to find him? I walked into the school crossing the courtyard. I decided to check the cafeteria first. I walked through the door which immediately swung back as I entered. I looked around but I didn't see him. So I checked the field, then the outdoor gym, the bleachers finally I checked the lunch tables in the lounge area. There he was surrounded by different people. Some I knew, some I hated, some I didn't care to be around.

I just pushed through the crowd to where he sat legs up and arm around Giselle. Diana's close associate. She was just like Diana, a slut, a bitch, and a fucking coward. The only thing is that she had a mind of her own and never let Diana completely control her.

My eyebrows scrunched as my line of sight crossed with hers. She wasn't quite happy either raising a brow at her and I raised at her. After I just ignored the bitch and set the alcoholic beverage in front of him on the table.

"Thank you Clayton Mandeville," I say.

He looked suprised. His transparent brown eyes seemed to change colour as he kicked down his legs and came close to me. Giselle was extremely annoyed.

"Thanks for what?" he asks.

I smiled slightly then looked him the eye.

"For saving me. You are nothing like your brother. Enjoy the champagne."

I turned to walk around but that's when I heard Giselle say.

"Saving her from what? From sleeping with a guy."

You know, I was planning to ignore Giselle. Just do what I have to do with speaking a word to her. But you know, there are some people that just can't keep their rotten trap closed.

I stomped my heel hard on the concrete. Then I turned around at Giselle and looked her right in the eye.

You did it now bitch!

"What is this Giselle? Side dick number fifteen? Or is he just your boyfriend for a fucking day. Yeah! That's right! And next time I think I could save him, from fucking you. I'm sure you have enough S.T.Ds to put the plague to shame."

Her mouth hung open as she looked like she could die and kill me at the same time. I walked away with a smile on my face, not before she gathered her things and and speed walked away. Not before I heard her say.

"Screw you Zana!"

I smirked and called after her.

"Fuck you Giselle!"