Six

To be clear it was Gunshot day in the last chapter so everyone out there died. No one was saved.

Few people who were like indoors or like in washroom and the ones who were working were obviously saved.

But for Denise, everyone was dead.

:-:-:-:-:-:-::-:-:-:--:-:-;-:-:-:--:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:--:::-:-:-:-:--:-:-:-:-:::-:-:-:-:-

"New people will be coming tomorrow." Peter said as he took of his over coat, traveling his off white shirt.

"What about..... What about the b-bodi-"

"They have been picked up by the workers. You were saved by chance because you were slow in coming out. Alright?" He said placing his hands on my shoulder.

"Okay." I said.

I was feeling numb. My parents were no more. They had been killed ruthlessly. I wish mom and dad were together when this happened, I wish they died in each other's arms.

My friend Kehlani, she was such a sweet soul. Even she had to die? What is this?

A tear dropped from my eye and Peter engulfed me in a hug.

"It'll be just fine Denise. I'll make sure no one does anything to you." He said.

I clasped my hands around his waist and let my tears out. I was making his shirt wet but right now I just needed a shoulder to cry on.
I felt more alone and weak.

"Stay with me here, tonight." He whispered.

I nodded my head and he smiled at me, placing a soft kiss on my forehead.

"I will always protect you, meine prinzessin." [ my princess ]

I knew he would, I felt safe in his arms, so I let my heart take over my mind and I closed my eyes.

We slept together and it was so helpful to me that night, it helped my mind to calm down. I felt safe in his arms.

**********************************************************

"Today each of you will grab a broomstick and clean the ground outside." The officer said.

The same ground where my parents died. Oh god, I can't do this.
It's too hard.

Us, all Jews walked towards the officers standing in the corner to the ground passing us brooms.

Peter was one of them, but he was busy in his work so he didn't notice me.

Last night was one of the best nights I've ever had. Lying cozily in his arms, away from all this fury and hate. I have started to feel something more stronger for him and I have no idea if he feels the same.

When I almost reached the front his eyes fell on me and he smiled - and it was beautiful. That smile could kill thousands.
It sort of did - if you get me.

"A broom for you," he said as he handed me the broom.

Our fingers touched and I smiled, even a little contact with him can make me feel lightened up and good.

I took it and walked outside, for a change, the sun was overhead and shining brightly.

I started moving the broom along the floor, collecting something like a hanky, broken glass or anything else.

"Hello?" A voice called out and I looked a bit higher above and saw a tall boy standing in front of me. He was very lean and thin and had a bit of a beard.

"Y-Yes?"

"May I know your name?" He asked me in a very abrupt manner.

I looked at him before he nervously turned his head to see this officer standing back looking back at him.

"Are you asking it for the officer?" I asked him.

His face dropped and a little blush formed on his cheeks.

"Yes i indeed am. But please tell me, otherwise he will kill me. Please Miss." he begged in front of me.

Killing someone just for this? Hell, these people were worse than the devil himself.

"It's Denise, tell him that." I told him before I myself stared back at the officer.

Even in the shadow, I could see his smirk.
And I could make out he had evil plans for me.

#######

SO SORRY for the short + late update! Actually my exams are going on and so Im really not able to type a lot!

I hope you guys understand!

Love you all so much!!