Four

It's been a week since I saw my father being separated from us. I don't know what has happened to him.
I hope he's still.... alive.

"Mama?" I called out.

She didn't reply; she must be asleep after a long day we had today at work.

But I really wanted to talk to someone, get my feelings out. It must be quite late at night.

I got up from my bunker and walked towards Kehlani's.
oh, she was sleep too. Dammit.

The door was slightly ajar, and it attracted me toward itself.

Don't go out. If you're caught you will be killed.

But I have to go out. It's been a week since I have moved around freely at my will and not some officer's. I can't live like this anymore, other people might, but not me.

I tip toed towards the door and pulled it open, only to crash into someone.

"Bloody hell." The person murmured.

I looked up in confusion to see Peter. Peter Dall.

"Schön, what are you doing up so late?" His erotic voice made me shiver. Because of the darkness, I could only see his skin shining under the moonlight and his blue eyes burning.

I blushed furiously at the fact he called me 'beautiful'.

"I-I couldn't sleep." I said shrugging my shoulders.

"It's dangerous, if it were someone instead of me, they would've treated you badly, Denise." He whispered.

"I-I'm sorry, officer."

"Come with me," he said.

I looked at him in shock, he was asking me to come with him? But where?

"Where, officer?"

"Somewhere you can take my name without worrying about it, Meine Liebste."  [my dear].

I blushed again, and trusted him. I don't know why, but I did. I shouldn't, became he's one of the people who want me dead.

I nodded stiffly before following him as he walked in front of me.

"Act like I'm taking you without your permission, it should look like you're in pain." He Instructed.

We were about to enter the hallway where I started limping and Peter held my arm tightly.

"Let me go!" I yelped, just for the act.

"Shut up!" He growled with rage in his eyes.

"New meat, huh Pete?" One of the officers carrying a gun asked him.

"Yeah, but this bitch won't shut up!" Peter laughed mockingly.

I knew it was an act so it didn't hurt. Maybe a little?

"Leave me, please." I groaned.

He said nothing and kept dragging me down the hallway, when suddenly he stopped before opening the door of a room and pushing me inside.

"I'm so sorry, Denise. For calling you a bitch." He apologised, hurt clear in his eyes.

"It was an act Peter, I'm sure it doesn't matter to me." I smiled.

"Well, good. So tell me something about yourself?" He asked sitting on his bed.

I realised soon enough that we were in his room.

"I'm 17 and I'm here with my mother. I haven't seen my father in days. Um..before coming here I used to love watching TV and reading." I said.

"That's good." He grinned, showing his beautiful smile and running his fingers over my knuckles.

I was internally jumping, his touch ignited fire within me.

"You?"

"Well I'm 24 and I've been working here for the past 4 years."

"C-Can I ask you a question, Peter?" I stuttered fiddling with my fingers.

"Yeah."

"Why do you work here? Do you like killing Jews?" I said. I had to ask. It would've eaten me up if I didn't.

"Denise.. when I was 20, I was really against Jews. An army family would do that to you. I was raged and I was completely devoted to Hitler. It took me years to realise what I do, or what I did was so wrong. Killing innocent people, just because I feel like it is wrong. And I know I'm going to go to hell was this. I pray to god every day to forgive me for my sins, but of course they are too much." He said, his head hanging low.

I understand his position, in that age, it's easy to convince someone. I'm just happy that he realised what he's doing is wrong.

"P-Peter? What did the officer mean when he said "new meat" .. "?

"Before I changed, I used to beat up some people for fun. So yeah."

"I understand Peter. The way you felt and you are right now." I said smiling.

"You do? Wow, um, thanks." He said.

"You do know you're the most prettiest girl here, Denise." He said, his eyes examining my face.

"Stop." I whined.

"And I'm just so attracted towards you," he teased.

"And I know even you are, towards me."

I was legitimately dying inside here, the way he spoke, the childish way, the way his eyes checked out my face sometimes, the way he was so perfect.

"We can't talk like this, Peter." I sighed, getting up from his bed.

"I know, but I don't care. I'm interested in you, Denise." He said.

My heart started beating fast, it felt like it was just about to pop out.
But this was un acceptable, a Jew and a Nazi? No.

"I-I have to go, Peter." I said, tears forming their way into my eyes.

Why couldn't I live the life of a normal teenage girl, fall in love and be able to show it in public? Why did I have to worry about dying every single second of my life?

I walked towards the door, and waited for him lead me back.

But nothing happened.

So I turned around, and that was my biggest mistake. Seeing his face made me feel so guilty. He looked really disheartened and sad.
I'm sorry.

"Peter." I called out.

He nodded at me before grabbing his coat.
This was it, the end of us.

And then he suddenly stopped.

And he looked up at me.

"Fuck it." He gasped before rushing towards my side and putting his lips on mine.

I was shocked, it happened so fast. My first kiss.

His hands were on my waist and his eyes were closed, his lips worked magic on mine.

I let myself go loose as I wrapped my arms around his head and closed my eyes before putting back equal pressure.

Our lips moulded together in a sweet kiss. I could think about nothing else while doing this.

It felt pure and it felt love filled. It was mesmerising.

He pulled away, out of breath before he looked at me.

"Fuck it."
He whispered again.

---

Well, hello there steamy chapter!
*awkward laugh*

I hope you liked their blooming romance!
I would also like to share the happy news that this book got ranked as -

#28 IN HISTORICAL FICTION.

Thank you all so much! It's more than enough for me!

-t❤️