One

It happened yesterday, when my family and I were peacefully having breakfast.
Laughter echoed through our house as we laughed at something father said.

Suddenly our front door burst open and the SS entered. They had huge guns in their hands as they asked all of us to stand.

"Ah. More Jews! Fill em up in the truck!" They has said.

We didn't know that we'd be caught this soon.

They took us to Westerbork, a transit camp. Where we spent a night in the small, ugly huts.

Today, we were in the truck as we were being taken to the Auschwitz concentration camp. I had feared this place this most.

"Are you hungry Denise?" My father asked me. He looked completely drained out.

"No papa." I replied.

It was a lie. I was very hungry, but I didn't want to stress out my parents.

"Don't lie  to me sweetheart. Y-You know we'll get through this." He said with a broken smile.

"Oh Denise. Stay strong." Mother had said as a tear dropped from her eye.

"Mama I love you." I replied.

She smiled back at me before looking off into distance.

"How hard it is to keep your mouths shut, Jews?" One of the officers asked.

No one replied.

"I asked you, you bastard." He said before using his gun and hitting my father in the shoulder.

"S-Sorry." Father blurted.

"That's more like it now you Jew." The officer laughed.

"Now all of you scream, 'ALL HAIL THE FUHRER!'"
The Nazi officer yelled.

"Now!" He yelled again and all of us shouted it, meekly.

"Vermins you are Jews." The officer laughed before walking inside of the truck.

My eyes filled with tears, this was going to be my future now. I was going to rotten like every other Jew.

****

"Get off everyone, now!" The officer screamed, hitting his gun against the truck.

We had reached. And I was scared. I wish I could run away with my family and never look back. I wish.

"Girl you need more time to get off huh? You a princess you think huh?" The officer asked a little girl who was with me in the truck.

"Don't hurt me!" She squealed.

"Oh no child. I will not hurt you at all." He laughed before he picked her up and threw her on the ground.

"I just asked you to hurry up which you didn't. Stupid Jew." He said and the girl got up crying as he parents' heart broke.

"Mummy!" The girl cried and went to her mother and father. She had gotten a few bruises.

I shivered even thinking about what that girl must be going through. These people were animals.

We were made to walk in a straight line and then there were four lines, separating males from females.

"Women below 130 pounds, first line! Women above 130, second.
Men below 160 third line, men above 160 fourth line." The nazi officer shouted.

Why were they doing this?

"We'll meet inside, later. Take care my girls." Father said before pecking mine and moms foreheads.