minishaw

word count → 1387 wordsat birth, you are given half of a unique necklace, and the other half belongs to your soulmate

word count 1387 words
at birth, you are given half of a unique necklace, and the other half belongs to your soulmate. these pieces heat up the closer you get, and cool down the further your away from them.

 these pieces heat up the closer you get, and cool down the further your away from them

Simon fiddled with his necklace as he stared out at the cars in the parking lot. His necklace was in the shape of a full moon- well, half of one, but had three spikes coming out of its rear.

Simon always fiddled with his necklace when he was nervous. It was his last year before he had to go to university, and he wasn't looking forward to it. He was hoping to find his soulmate before graduation, but he's had no luck so far.

Simon has been searching for years, but has made only slight progress. You see, your necklaces heat up and glow when you're near your soulmate. In Simon's case, his moon turns a light shade of red, darkening as time goes by and the oblivious contact continues.

This has happened to Simon many times, but only when he's around a huge group of people- so it's hard to tell who's necklace was glowing.

Simon was on the verge of giving up. He was an eighteen year old bisexual male who had his whole life ahead of him- yet this whole soulmate shit had gotten to his head and affected him mentally and physically.

Sometimes Simon would get so depressed that he wouldn't eat or sleep, which obviously affected his performance in school. His best friends, JJ and Ethan, were getting worried for him.

Ethan had found his soulmate about a year ago, her name was Emily. Simon felt extremely happy for his best friend, but his heart drops every time he sees them kiss.

He's not jealous of them, he's jealous of what they have.

JJ hadn't found his soulmate yet, but it didn't seem to affect him in anyway. Simon wondered why Jide never took it into consideration into trying to find his Soulmate, but every time he asks, JJ says it'll happen when it happens.