Opposite her, Elizabeth sat on the floor, chewing and slobbering on any toy in sight.

Michael frowned. “Come on Noni, don‘t lie on the baby like that.” He sat on the floor and placed Elizabeth on his leg. “She so little and kind and sweet. She doesn’t leave toys all over the place.” He kissed her cheek.

“Uh huh!” Noelle shouted.

Elizabeth dropped the oversized Lego she’d been chewing on. She glanced to Michael for help.

Michael chuckled, reaching over to her baby bag to hand her a clean teething ring.

He glanced at Mariah. “So you talking to your fans, huh?”

She nodded, her eyes focused on the prize.

“What y’all talking about?”

“I’m telling them to request my singles.” She replied. “It makes no sense; I’ve released the album, gone on tour and everything. Where are my singles?”

“I was wondering why I hadn’t heard anything…Is somebody messing with you?”

“What do you mean?” She inquired, sitting up on the bed to look at her husband head on.

“I just find some of this stuff very convenient…”

“You too, huh?” She asked, her tone realizing something.

Michael nodded. “I thought we solved that problem a long time ago. What’s the issue now?”

“Assaulting your boss is not solving the problem.”

“Well, he ain’t been doing nothing since, has he?” Michael replied.

She raised an eyebrow--her face growing pale.

“Wait- Has he?”

Mariah shrugged.

Michael grimaced, placing Elizabeth back down on the floor. “Mariah, you need to tell me.”

“There’s nothing to tell, okay! I’m just annoyed at the way it was all handled. It’s hard not to think he’s plotting something big, ya know?”

Michael nodded, slowly. He stood up and walked over to the bed. “I’m sorry baby. I didn’t mean to say it like that. I know you’re scared but you don’t have to be.”

She adjusted the computer so that it sat perfectly in her lap. “I just want my album to sell is all. And they’re not even trying to promote it.”

“Okay, so then you’re doing the next best thing: taking it upon yourself.”

She smiled, turning her attention back to the computer. Michael laid down on his back, stroking Mariah’s exposed shoulder.

She leaned over onto his hand, warmth radiating from her cheek.

“Babe, look at what queenmariah2000 just said.” Mariah instructed, pointing at the username on the screen.

Michael sat up, maneuvering so that his legs wrapped around Mariah. He held onto her waist, his head resting on her shoulder.

He read the comment aloud. “‘Tommy on some bullshit, I hope he burns in hell! Queen Mariah all day! RIP Lil Rae. Free my cousin Jeremy.’”

“That last part’s her signature.” Mariah informed, giggling.

Michael smiled. “I know. I be on these websites.”

“You be lurking in the dark, babe?”

He gave a slight nod.