eighteen.

The alarm buzzed for the main door to open, catching Avery's attention as she helped carry something. She made her way up to the front of the crowd where she had good view of where Bellamy and two grounders stood. "Talk."

"We seek the one you call Pike." the Grounders replied, Avery sighed in relif that the grounder will finally take him. But she knew it wouldn't be that easy.

"Why?" Avery rolled her eyes at Bellamy's stupid question.

"An army has fallen, blood soaking the earth where he took their lives one by one." the grounders described.

"Welcome to the war against Skaikru."

"Life was taken. We demand life in return."

"My life? What are your terms, sir?" Pike asked.

"Come with us, and we walk away."

"Take the fucking deal." she felt like saying over and over again.

"Walk away, from what?"

"By order of the Commander, you have been surrounded by an army of the twelve clans. In every direction, warriors wait to kill anyone who attempts to cross the blockade, To greet them as we greeted those we caught outside your walls today." The grounders threw a pile of armor she knew was from arkadia. "We left the bodies for the animals."

"That's enough." Bellamy ordered.

"Let's go."

"They won't leave. I have seen this before.

"The men who wore those uniforms took a long time to die." The grounders encouraged with a smile.

This was the final straw for Avery. Would he give Pike in or Kill everyone else to save him?

"If you do not give up your leader, you will all take a long time to die." They threatened, she turned her head to the side as Bellamy thought. "Choose the side that's best for your people."

"I do that every day." he recited and shot the grounders in the chest. Avery put a hand to her mouth as their horses rode off without them, the bodies just lying there. "So far, nothing has changed my mind."

Bellamy walked back into camp, catching a glimps so Avery before she walked away.

***

Avery sat at her desk, reading a book when Kane came up to her. "Avery."

"Finally," she sighed. "I was worried you forgot about me there."

Kane chuckled for a second before Avery grabbed her jacket to leave. "Last chance to pull out. This plan has a high probability of going south."

"Right. Yeah. I wouldn't miss it." Avery shrugged. "So whats the plan?"

"Disable a Rover."

"Easy plan, with Sinclair I presume?" Kane nodded quickly before speaking again.

Avery made her way to the hanger deck, passing Kane her book as she went to Sinclair. "Hey."

"Kane sent you?"

"Obviously." Avery replied. "Now you're taking the mick, shove off." she ordered and Sinclair pushed his way out.

"Miss Donavon, please show the master how it's done."

She was just about to snap something when Kane said something from the earpiece. "Bellamy's heading towards you now."

"Sinclair, what are you up to?" he asked, noticing Avery on the floor and tapping her with his foot.