thirteen.

They all sat in the Rover, awkward silence filling the car. "I'm still getting used to it myself." Kane said, trying to break the silence but failing.

"Sir, we're almost out of range. Are you sure you don't want to tell the chancellor?" Monty told him.

"I'm sure. I don't wanna worry Abby or Willow until we know something."

"We know there's a kill order. Your people are big on those." Bellamy told her.

"It's not a kill order. It's a bounty. Clarke's a symbol. She's known as Wanheda-"

"The Commander of Death." Avery interrupted. "The Ice Nation guys we killed asked about Wanheda. They're looking for Clarke, why?"

"My people believe that when you kill someone you get their power. Kill Wanheda and you command death." She explained.

"She's just one girl."

"So was the commander. What Clarke did at Mount Weather weakened her. The Ice Nation emboldened. Their Queen wants Clarke's power. If her people believe she has it, she'll break the Coalition and start a war. I can't let that happen."

"Welcome to Sector 7. Where to now?" Avery asked Indra.

"If she's here, she'll need supplies. We'll start at the trading posts."

"So Niylah's place?" Avery asked and Indra nodded. Just as Avery was about to drive, a large tree fell. "Its a trap."

"We don't know that." Kane reassured them.

Another tree fell down behind them and Avery turn around with an 'I-told-you-so' look. "Now we do."

***

It was three hours since they cut down the second tree and Avery could say one thing. She was so very bored. "It's been three hours. What are they waiting for?"

"Even with the light, I don't see anyone." Avery handed Kane her rifle and cocked her handgun.

"I say we make a run for it."

"Monty, That's what they want us to do." Avery told him, sitting up in the drivers seat.

"The boy is right. They can wait longer than we can."

"Okay, Avery. You get in the turret and you cover us. Once we get to that ridge over there, we'll cover you."

"No way." Bellamy shook his head but Avery had already opened the turret door. "Don't worry Bell. I'll be fine." She put her arm out for a gun and then pulled herself up.

As soon as she did, someone put a knife to ger throat. She turned around and saw a masked figure and rolled her eyes. "Now a little less fine." she said as she pulled her up by the arms out of the rover.

"Avery." Bellamy called. "Avery!"

"Everybody out or the girl dies." a familiar voice ordered.

"Hey, I know you." she said. "Shut it." he gunted back, throwing her onto the floor and putting a knee on her back as she fell down.

Kane opened the door and they're all promptly pinned down.

"All targets secure." a man searched everyone for the tracker, finally pulling it off Monty. "It's mine. Give it back!" he argued.

"Monty, let it go!" Bellamy warned.

"Monty?" a lady asked, taking off her mask.

"Mom?"

"I knew it." she smiled, hugging her son.

"Farm station stand down." Pike told them, Kane recognised the voice and smiled.