five.

Friends - Ed Sheeran

Avery awoke to the sound of the crunching of leaves as she moved. "What?" She asked herself and stood up while trying to take off the dirt from her face.

The last thing that Avery remembered was Red smoke filling the air, like Clarke had described. So why wasn't she there? Her hair was riddled with Dirt from the floor she was lying in and her face was none the less the same color as the floor.

"Okay. Don't freak out Avery." She whispered to herself and ran a few fingers through her hair. She took a hairband off her wrist and tied her hair up into a ponytair, showing red mark that Bellamy left her a few hours ago.

She started her treck through the forest with leaves and broken twigs crunching behind her. But this wasn't Avery. She stopped for a few seconds and heard the noise again.

Avery moved at the same pace she had before but she took out a knife she had always kept by her side.

The person behind her spotted herknife out and excepted that he lost the element of surprise. He put an arm on her shoulder to pull her down but she just used that hand to flip herself on top of him. He struggled out but Avery started to dig her nails into his arm and he grunted. "What are you doing here?"

"I should ask you the same thing Sky girl." He sneared back and Avery let him go. She put the knife back in its place as he threw his two swords aside. He charged towards her and she skidded away at the last minute. "You're clever." He complemented while Avery just stood up. "But not clever enough."

He took one of his discarded swords and Av swore as he charged for her once more. She stumbled for the other sword and the swords clashed just in time for her to stay alive. She let our a short breath and let go.

The grounder swung the sword and Avery furred her eyebrow. She threw the sword on the floor and sighed. He did the same and then charged towards her and his fist collided with her cheek over and over again until it was swollen beyond help. "Please. Stop. I can't. I'll come." She let out and the grounder stopped, and stood back. It was the same one that showed her mercy that one time. Avery was a Heep of blood and skin on the floor and he pointed the sword towards her. "Up. I don't want to hurt you anymore, its boring."

"Why?" She asked and spat out a bunch of blood that was in her mouth. "Why spare me before, but not now?"

"Things have changed." He sighed and picked up his two swords. "You and your boyfriend killed my brother. Now get up."

She grunted as she moved and he punched her in the face again. "What was that for?"

"You're slow." He grabbed rope out and tied Avery's hands together.

***

"What's your name?" She asked as they made their way towards his camp. He just kept silent like his depended on it.

"Isaac." He muttered and Avery pushed a piece of hair that was in her face out. "We're here."

As they walked in, every single Grounder stopped and looked at them as they passed. "Is-" one started but Isaac told him to 'Shof op'

"Stay here. I'll talk to the Commender." He told her and Avery waited at the side of the tent for a few minutes. "Go in."

She walked to the room and The commander sat on a throne right at the entrance. "Avery kom Skikru. I must say its a pleasure to finally meet you."

Avery scoffed and lifted up her tied hands. "I would say likewise but you kinda got someone to tie me up."

"You understand the difficulty of the situation we are in don't you?" Avery nodded and scratched her nose, discretely pointing at one of the guards. "Leave us."