Chapter Four Guilty

You are in the bathroom, taking a nice, hot bath. You sunk lower in the water and let out a satisfying sigh. You then looked at your wrist that has been bitten by Zero. The fang marks are very deep but your wrist is already healing. You gently touched it and flinched because it stung.

You tried to find Zero before you took your bath but he's nowhere to be found. Did he not like your blood?

You kept staring at your bruised wrist. You heard about vampires but never saw one until you met Zero.

Your skin began to get pruned so you got out of the tub and changed into a white dress that came past your knees. Zero had it in the guest room closet along with other colorful dresses and coats. He told you that they are for you and that he bought them the first night you stayed at the castle.

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!

"Hold on a minute!" You shouted out as you adjusted your dress before opening the door.

You saw Zero with a blank expression on his face.

"How is your wrist?" He asked in concern.

"Oh, fine!" You grinned.

"Why are you happy? I sucked your blood," he frowned.

"It's fine, really... I owe you for saving my life and my father's."

"I will not suck your blood anymore. It's disgusting," he mumbled.

"Zero," you said his name in sorrow.

He's a vampire hunter and he felt bad for sucking your blood like a leech. You wish he didn't think down on himself.

Zero went to leave but you grabbed his wrist from behind.

"I was afraid when you sunk your fangs into me, but when you drank my blood, I was okay because I trust you, Zero," you whispered.

"You can't trust me," he said over his shoulder.

"Why not?!"

"I might drink too much of it and end your life. Would you really want that?" He clenched his teeth before nudging his arm so you would let go of him.

You watched him walk away and you touched your bruised wrist. For some reason, you are not afraid even after he told you he has no control yet you still trust him.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*Beauty and the Vampire*~*~*~*~*~*~*

You looked around the castle to find Zero but he is nowhere to be found. You then realized that he might be in the west wing. You hesitated but you decided to go in that area because you REALLY want to see him and talk to him.

As you are walking down the hall you heard footsteps from behind.

"Huh?" You turned around to see Zero glaring at you.

"What do you think you are doing?!" He snapped.

"I... Ugh..." You stuttered. You didn't know what to say. Zero has only given you one rule and you disobeyed him...

"Get out now!" He yelled.

You felt tears well up and you sprinted away from him and out of this castle. You knew Zero was cold but not this cold... How could he yell at you like that? What is he keeping from you in the west wing?

You started to freeze from the cold wind. You are only in your dress as you continued to run. You are close to the woods until...

HOWL!

You gasped when you saw a pack of wolves approaching you slowly. They are circling around you, making sure you have nowhere to run.

Your eyes widened and you felt your body trembling. You are about to get devoured by wolves!

"ZERO!" You shouted his name but it's no use. He wouldn't come for you...

One of the wolves went to pounce on you until...

BANG!

You heard the other wolves whimpering while the one who got shot is lying on the snowy ground. The wolf's blood is staining the snow.

"A gun?" You asked yourself.

"Stay still," you heard a dark voice.

"ZERO?!" You turned around to see Zero with a silver gun. He has it pointed at one of the wolves. The wolves looked at Zero with fear in their eyes and they didn't hesitate to run away. Zero let them go as he is slowly approaching you.

"Why did you leave the castle?" He asked.

"You told me to get out..." You bit your lip.

"I meant out of the west wing," he sighed.

You threw yourself on him and wrapped your arms around his neck. He slowly hugged you back and rested his chin on top of your head.

"You're troublesome," he commented.

"Sorry..."

"No, it's fine... It keeps things... Interesting."

"Thank you for saving my life again," you whispered.

"It's not a problem. Let's go back inside. You are probably freezing," he muttered.

You and Zero went inside the castle and he took you into the dining room to serve you some tea.

"Zero?"

"What is it?" He asked while sitting across from you.

"Did you not like my blood?"

He looked at you strangely before answering you, "Actually, I liked it a lot, why?"

"You didn't seem happy once you drank my blood."

"It's because I don't want to drink it. I feel guilty, (Your Name)."

"You can't help who you are..."

"I was never like this until that witch cursed me!" He banged his fist on the table causing you to jump in your seat.

"Sorry," he whispered.

"No, it's okay."

You sipped your tea while Zero is gazing at the ground. Is he always this sad? It has to be because of the curse... You felt bad for Zero. He lost his family and got cursed to be a vampire. You wished there was a way to help him.