Chapter Three Desire For Your Blood

You roamed around the castle looking for Zero. It's the middle of the night and you haven't seen him since the bathroom incident. You kept telling yourself not to go in the West Wing because it's forbidden but maybe he's there?

You shook your head to avoid the thought of disobeying Zero so you decided to go back in the guest room but you gasped as soon as you walked in because Zero is standing there before you.

"Sorry about earlier," he mumbled.

"It's not a problem... I was looking for you," you whispered.

"Why?"

You only shrugged. There's something about Zero that you want to know but you are afraid to ask questions because he'll get mad at you.

"It's late. You should rest," he muttered.

"Um, why don't you stay with me?" You blushed at your bold question but you didn't want to be alone in this dark room.

"Listen, I almost drank your blood earlier... I don't think it's a good idea," he frowned.

"Are you a vampire?" You blinked in confusion.

He sighed and sat on the foot of your bed while you sat down next to him.

"Yes, but not a pureblood. It's a curse I am currently trying to fight..." He explained.

"Curse?"

"Yes, when I was younger a woman slain my parents because my parents killed her lover then she took my twin brother away from me and cursed me."

Your shoulders slumped. You truly felt bad for Zero because he's a vampire hunter and now some woman turned him into a vampire...

"Is that why you don't go into town?" You asked.

"Yeah... I don't want anyone to see me like this," he confessed.

"See you like what? A vampire? There's nothing to be ashamed of. You seem like a great person," you said cheerfully as you rubbed his shoulder gently.

"You hardly know me," he mumbled.

"Well, I would like to get to know you," you countered.

His eyes widened and he looked at you shockingly. You felt your heart racing but you didn't mind. Zero is very different from the guys in the village yet you mean it in a good way... You hardly know the young man yet you seem to grow a liking towards him.

"My twin brother is in love with the woman who killed our parents so now he is doing anything in his power to try and kill me," he said in a low voice.

"That's awful!" You gasped.

"Yeah..."

"Is there a way to break the curse?" You curiously asked.

He blushed at your comment yet you didn't understand why...

"Zero?"

"I think you should go to sleep..."

"Um, can you still stay with me?"

"Yeah, I'll stay," he whispered.

Zero helped you get tucked in and you pulled the white sheets up to your chin. You then watched as Zero kicked his shoes off and lied down next to you. He didn't look at you and you had a vibe that he didn't want near you...

You turned your back on him yet you grew shocked when you felt strong arms wrapping you from behind. Your face grew red but you relaxed in his embrace. You can feel his hot breath tickling in your ear...